Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
French Autoroutes (toll charges)
We have used a Sanef transponder now for several years.
We got fed up with the queing and have found it to be wonderful.
You get the heros in their 4x4s passing you at very illegal speeds, come the toll plaza and we go straight through, they pass us again some 20 minutes later looking very puzzled.
The Sanef transponders are operational over the whole of the French Autoroute system, not just those in the North of France run by Sanef.
Sanef UK provides detailed invoicing and takes the payments at the end of the month by Direct Debit.
Bonne Route,
Jim & Tracey
PS the Transponder comes with additional mounting clips permitting it to be used on more than one vehicle i.e. it is not vehicle specific.

Berlingo XTR HDi110, Tivoli Blue, Modutop, MyWay etc etc
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Seaman for this post:
  • ron
Just for info - I'm currently on holiday in France. My XTR with Thule roofbox makes the car over 2m (haven't measured it but I'd guess 2.2 m) and I was charged class 1 rates at manned and unmanned toll booths. More money to spend on food and wine!
2013 Berlingo XTR 1.6 HDi 90 (WAV)
2016 Partner Tepee 1.6 Blue HDI S/S (WAV)
2020 VW Caddy Maxi Life 2.0 TDI (WAV)

(31-03-2013, 07:07 AM)MarkT Wrote:  Just for info - I'm currently on holiday in France. My XTR with Thule roofbox makes the car over 2m (haven't measured it but I'd guess 2.2 m) and I was charged class 1 rates at manned and unmanned toll booths. More money to spend on food and wine!

Good news Mark, many thanks.
Tony

Also, just whilst I am online, every time I post a new thread I seem to get this not solved heading even though I have attempted to avoid it. Am I missing something, is there a box to tick or unstick?
Thanks
On threads in the technical sections your posting will appear as a "problem" that needs solving
It will remain so until you mark it as solved and the answering post that you choose will be highlighted green.Click on the little green arrow.
Paid class 1 rates on our XTR with roof box and mountain bikes on roof. No problems at all.
We just moved to South West France 5 weeks ago and drove the XTR on the autoroutes for the same prices as our old scenic. Never even considered that it would cost any more.

(14-03-2013, 03:55 PM)Tonyash Wrote:  Hello
Does anyone know the category for Berlingo XTR with roof bars on French autoroutes.
Mine comes in just under 73". 1.85m.
Would this be class 1 or would it creep into the class 2 for commercial vehicles?

Thanks
>>>We just moved to South West France 5 weeks ago<<<

Labeline

I hope you are enjoying it so far. If the weather has been the same as it has been on the Med side you may think that you have made a mistake!

The weather here (34) has been the worse April/May anyone can remember, wet and cold. I have burnt more wood in the last month than I ever have in January or December!
(03-05-2013, 03:48 PM)pmh Wrote:  >>>We just moved to South West France 5 weeks ago<<<

PMH

You are not wrong there. It has certainly not been up to its usual standard (47) although we have had a few nice days! Hopefully it will improve. As for enjoying it, Mmm. Up to my ears in plasterboard and paint stripper. Yesterday consisted of three hours cutting and stacking logs as like you, we still need them, three hours cutting the grass and another three strimming. Grass is longer than I have ever seen it at this time of year and I ache in places I didn't know I had places. It is early days and at the moment I am still missing bacon sannies.The Berlingo has already made several trips to the bricolage and the dechetterie towing a trailer and there are so many of them on the road here!
:O

Labeline

I hope you are enjoying it so far. If the weather has been the same as it has been on the Med side you may think that you have made a mistake!

The weather here (34) has been the worse April/May anyone can remember, wet and cold. I have burnt more wood in the last month than I ever have in January or December!
[quote='labeline' pid='42479' dateline='1367603642']
[quote='pmh' pid='42477' dateline='1367596127']
>>>We just moved to South West France 5 weeks ago<<<

PMH

You are not wrong there. It has certainly not been up to its usual standard (47) although we have had a few nice days! Hopefully it will improve. As for enjoying it, Mmm. Up to my ears in plasterboard and paint stripper. Yesterday consisted of three hours cutting and stacking logs as like you, we still need them, three hours cutting the grass and another three strimming. Grass is longer than I have ever seen it at this time of year and I ache in places I didn't know I had places. It is early days and at the moment I am still missing bacon sannies.The Berlingo has already made several trips to the bricolage and the dechetterie towing a trailer and there are so many of them on the road here!
:O

I think I have a doppelganger! Plasterboarding has been postponed due to the length of the grass - I am waiting for a swedish tree monkey to generate some large branches that will need cutting. I seem to spend more time at the decheterie than in the garden. The capacity of the Berlingo to swallow 1 tonne builders bags is impressive - it seems to take twice as many as the Old Picasso.

We better continue this as a personal email exchange before we upset a mod - although I did manage to build Berlingo into the last sentence Smile