Thread Rating:
  • 13 Vote(s) - 2.54 Average
Front seat
I've a 2000 berlingo multispace, and my front seats pads are worn out.. I'm partly sitting on the steel fram when turningAngry

I also have a 1997 partner for spare parts. But the seats where to ugly/bad shape to do a direct fit, and it seems like there are a different frames where the seat pads sit. So I don't think the pads from the partner will fit on my seats.
There were different tracks on the seats as well, but I thing the stock rails would fit the partner seats.

I'm starting to consider to fit mk2 seats, would this be a direct fit in my mk1 berlingo? If it's a big hassle i don't wanna do it.. any recommendations?
Sorry my poor English, I'm Norwegian Rolleyes

'00 Citroën Berlingo 1.4 Multispace
Quote:Sorry my poor English, I'm Norwegian

LOL, your English is better than some people I know who are native speakers Big Grin Post a good Lutefisk recipe.

Sorry, can't help you with the seat.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

(21-02-2011, 04:56 PM)3rensho Wrote:  

LOL, your English is better than some people I know who are native speakers Big Grin Post a good Lutefisk recipe.

Hahaha Tongue I have to thank American movies and google translate for my English.

I'm from southern Norway we aren't that big on Lutefisk down here.
Sorry my poor English, I'm Norwegian Rolleyes

'00 Citroën Berlingo 1.4 Multispace
(21-02-2011, 04:56 PM)3rensho Wrote:  

I'm on the forum on my iPhone. If it wasn't for spellcheck I'd make no sense probably lol

Lliam
Lliam

53 plate Berlingo Multispace Forte 1.9D Polar White
Does anyone know if seats from any other car can be transplanted into a Mk1 with minimal of fuss?

Extensive trawling through the net has drawn a blank. My seats are pretty worn, fancy fitting some a little bit higher to give me a better view (seems I'm sat on the floor at the mo) Could do with some arm rests as well.

Will picasso seats fit?
Have to say we're in the same position with our Mk1! Doesn't help us that we're all in the same boat, but at least one answer, when it arrives, will help us all!!

I had wondered about trying to just change the foam part under the covering (because ours is leather and I'd like to keep that if I can) but it feels as if it has been stitched through. Maybe we'll just have to talk to a coachtrimmer and see what they'd charge...?
I have a Mk2. Taking a tape measure around a scrapyard, I found that the runners are the same size as various other PSA models, leading me to think that it wouldn't be too difficult to swap seats. However, like you, I really wanted to keep the original covers. As luck would have it, an upholsterer who also does vehicles and boats was dropping off some kit when I was coming back from walking my dog. I had a chat to him and told him what I wanted. His quote was "about £45" this was to repair if needed, the seat springs and cut and fit new foam finally replacing the covers.
I was going to get it done this week, but I've just had to spend £80 I wasn't banking on, so it might be in a couple of weeks time.
(23-05-2011, 02:28 PM)Coco Wrote:  an upholsterer who also does vehicles and boats was dropping off some kit when I was coming back from walking my dog. I had a chat to him and told him what I wanted. His quote was "about £45" this was to repair if needed, the seat springs and cut and fit new foam finally replacing the covers.

Sounds a good price to me, you would probably end up paying that much from a "scrappy" and be struggling to get matching fabrics.

Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
That's just it, I would have to swap the fabric onto the replacement and no doubt end up damaging it in the process so for peace of mind I'll let him earn a few quid!
Last seat i did was on my Pug306, got one from scrappy and scavenged the sub frame and sliders as a straight swap.
The remaining seat was too good to throw out so "grafted" it onto the legs and frame from an old steel tube garden seat.
Must have done a good job, every time I sit in out outdoors I keep thinking it is comfortable and manage to wake up a couple of hours later....
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue