Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Front side light fuse
Hi all,
I've noticed that the front side lights on my 08 B9 1.6 hdi are not working, I've looked in the owners book but can't find the fuse location, has anyone got any idea where it is ?

Thanks,

Mark

Sent from my Vodafone Smart ultra 6 using Tapatalk
(21-09-2016, 09:57 AM)Satellitemark Wrote:  Hi all,
I've noticed that the front side lights on my 08 B9 1.6 hdi are not working, I've looked in the owners book but can't find the fuse location, has anyone got any idea where it is ?

Thanks,

Mark

F15 to F18 are the fuses to front lights...main beams are 10 A and dipped beams are 15 A fuses. (15 and 16, 10A are main beam, 17 and 18 are dipped beam, right and left, respectively).

The fuse box is inside the motor compartment, on the right side, when you are facing the car, near the battery. You have to remove the plastic cover to access it...
Hi Luis,

Thanks for the quick reply.

My main and dipped beams are working, its the side lights that are out, I can't seem to find a fuse for them.

Mark

(21-09-2016, 01:15 PM)Satellitemark Wrote:  Hi Luis,

My main and dipped beams are working, its the side lights that are out, I can't seem to find a fuse for them.

Mark

I do not understand what you mean by "side lights" then...the indicators that sit above the front wheels? are these the ones you mean?
(21-09-2016, 03:15 PM)Luis Rosa Wrote:  
(21-09-2016, 01:15 PM)Satellitemark Wrote:  Hi Luis,

Mark

I do not understand what you mean by "side lights" then...the indicators that sit above the front wheels? are these the ones you mean?

Ok, sidelights are what we Portuguese call presence lights or minumum lights...my bad, but always learning.

Normally these do not have a fuse of their own, since they are so low power...they will be sharing the fuse wit other electric services I guess.

Have you tried looking at the bulbs? maybe they are both dead...

Cheers
The front left and rear right sidelights and No plate bulb that are out then its the fuse , they are fused diagonally , same for the other side .
They are 5 amp fuses under the steering wheel fuse box. On mine its the f18 and f19 , but may not be the same as yours.
Hi Luis,

There are two bulbs each side that look about 5w each, none of them are working which was why I thought it might be a fuse.
I recently had a flat battery and am now wondering if my car has a bsi unit and if it has could that be causing the problem ?

I tried to get the bulbs out but couldn't figure out how to remove them I took a cover behind them off but could not get them out !

I will try again !

All info and suggestions welcome .

Mark

according to hayes the bulbs are changed from the rear of the h/lights. take off plastic cover and above the h/light bulb is the s/light bulb. holder which is just pulled out.
Thanks brodfather11, I was worried I might break something, armed with your info I will try again.

Thanks,
Mark

I didn't know there is a Haynes available for the B9, if there is I want and need one !

Mark