Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.91 Average
Fuel shortages
Whether you believe there are going to be fuel shortages or not, panic buying has started already.Confusedcratch:
My domestic works at a local supermarket petrol station and in the first 10 hours today (I can't mention figures, she could get sacked) they sold the equivalent of a brand new Jaguar XKR. That is more than twice what they do in a normal 15 hour day.:eek:
At one point they were doing the equivalent of a brand new Mondeo an hour.
And it's only going to get worse.Rolleyes
I would never panic buy; but if they are going to run out...Confusedillyme:
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to j90xxx for this post:
  • taxi
It remind me of the bog roll & sugar panics years ago.These people make it worse for everyone.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Thanks for the heads-up , just been and topped up £ 3.27 worth to the brim :thumbsup:
Should get down to -1 tonight , if I pop out around 3 am then I might squeeze 30 pence worth in the tank :whistle:
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to nil by mouth for this post:
  • ron
These tanker drivers have got an easy clean job, they're paid way over the odds against normal HGV drivers, and I'm sure there's a lot of other drivers ready to take their place, if any decide to quit.
2011 (61) Multispace XTR 110 in Kyanos Blue
(28-03-2012, 12:47 PM)theraphosa Wrote:  These tanker drivers have got an easy clean job, they're paid way over the odds against normal HGV drivers, and I'm sure there's a lot of other drivers ready to take their place, if any decide to quit.

I encounter these people regularly in my job.
Some are regular decent chaps who just want to get the job done and get home.Their job does entail slightly more risk than regular haulage.

Most of them that I have the honour of dealing with,however,are cantankerous :censored:'s with massivly inflated self opinion,whose attitude toward their employer,different races and my female staff members is something I thought had been left back in the '70's.
It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
I used to load tankers for a chemical company in the mid 90's. Some petrol, but mainly solvents, thinners, white spirit etc. Most of the drivers were fine, many had egos the size of a tanker and all were paid very well. 15+ years ago they were on £30k, so must be getting close to £40k now or more.
Quite agree it is a dangerous job...
any more dangerous than a fireman tackling a blaze? a policeman tackling a gang of drunk youths? a seviceman doing his duty? NO of course not, just self inflated egotistic society, all thinking they are worth more, and that includes the p.m. and his chums. , will ya think the same when you cant go out in your berlingo?
come on guys get real, they will try it on, of course, but they really need bringing down to reality, times are shitty at moment recession bitting hard as some of you have voiced, lack of work etc.
They shouldnt have been given all the publicity , but then thats the media all over...more shits....
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to pch for this post:
  • theraphosa
(28-03-2012, 12:47 PM)theraphosa Wrote:  These tanker drivers have got an easy clean job, they're paid way over the odds against normal HGV drivers, and I'm sure there's a lot of other drivers ready to take their place, if any decide to quit.
And they will probably be Polish or Czech -with a much better work ethic. .

A fairly recent true story involving striking lorry drivers centres around a distribution depot for a large supermarket (where very little helps

They all got bolshy and stood outside.
The gates were then closed behind them,the building emptied, and a new operation opened up, just a few miles down the road.
New drivers, new contracts,thank you and goodnight.
In a recssion chaps,you pipe-down and get on with your job while you still have one.
It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
Some good points brought up, and speaking to someone today, who runs a small independant haulage business, to say the least, is blowing his top :eek: as these tanker drivers are apparently on £50K+ :eek:, and still looking to jam up the holiday break and anybody else that's trying to get through their daily business, and panic buying plays straight into their hands, creating an instant shortage.
2011 (61) Multispace XTR 110 in Kyanos Blue