Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Glowplug warning light not working
I noticed during the summer that my glowplug light wasn't coming on but just put it down to the weather being warm and assumed the plugs weren't needed to start it. Now that it's gone cooler I expected the light to come on but so far it hasn't though it's starting fine.

I had the instrument cluster out today expecting the bulb to be out but discovered all the warning lights are SMD LED's :S I can only guess the LED must have packed up so perhaps I might have to rig up an alternative warning light.

Has anyone else had any similar issue with any of the warning lights in the cluster, and how did you resolve it?
The light might not come on unless the temp. is on or below zero, The glow plugs do not operate unless the temp is on or below zero on the later models.

What I mean is I've an older model that the lights come on regardless of the temp.! the newer ones don't.
I've never seen my light (assuming there is one) even when parked outside at -18. Fires off just like on a warm summer day.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

RE: Glowplug warning light not working I've never seen my light (assuming there is one) even when parked outside at -18. Fires off just like on a warm summer day.

That's how there is no monkeys in Switzerland , they died out , all impotent :whistle::whistle:
Ah yes, we had a major organ freeze off the one on our front porch Big GrinBig Grin
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

I'm sure it used to come on briefly when I got the van in March but I could be mistaken. Obviously going off your replies it sounds like I don't have a problem after all.
Well I went out this afternoon and the glow plug light came on for about a second. Just to make sure I wasn't imagining it I turned the ignition off and on again and it came on for a second again, so at least I know it's working.