Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings!
Sorry for your plight Sad don't let them off hook they said it's Spanish registered it's not open and shut case it's £35 for the small claim's court.
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Jed Clampit for this post:
  • Gordon_B
(18-11-2015, 09:04 PM)ron Wrote:  Sorry to hear of your bad luck.Good luck with your fight.Have they got a Facebook page? A bad comment may change their minds.

I've not checked Facebook but that'll be a last resort. I'm sending a template letter from the CA site and sending it to the dealer tomorrow by recorded delivery. He has 14 days to acknowledge the debt & dela with it or a blark mark is put against his name before we even go to the Small Claims Court. I know what I would do if I were him. The way I think he thinks is that he believes he hasn't won anything (except a good reputation that is) but what's important is that he hasn't lost anything either. The only person who loses in any scenario is me. We could both walk away amicably. It seems he doesn't want that though.

(18-11-2015, 10:14 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  Sorry for your plight Sad don't let them off hook they said it's Spanish registered it's not open and shut case it's £35 for the small claim's court.

I put it to him on the phone that claiming it was Spanish registered is rather misleading when the one place you can definitely NOT take the car is mainland Spain! I also pointed out that on his logic he might as well list all his cars as being EU registered. It still doesn't mean you can buy a French car & own it in Germany.

At least I learned one thing which might come up in a quiz - the Canaries are not part of the EU even though they are part of Spain. Who knew?

So I'm taking my Golf to Spain. The steering wheel's on the wrong side but Wolfie should make it. Then I've got 3 months to find something Spanish or re-register & import my own car. Which is not happening. I want a steering wheel on the left.