Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Head Light Bulbs
Whatever you do, don't buy LED H4 headlight bulbs from Horizon LED's. I've just paid £102 for a set and they are crap. The berlingo headlight cluster really does not seem to work with LED bulbs - the hotspot of the bulb is not easy to imitate against halogen.

It was indicated to me from no less than 14 drivers on the opposite side of the A3M that there was clearly a problem with my bulb pattern.

I've now fitted a set of bosch +130% bulbs which it terms of beam pattern and brightness are way better than the LED's i had fitted for 2 days.
Previous Berlingo: 2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.

Previous Berlingo: K9 2018 Driver M 100ps in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack

Current Berlingo: 2021 K9 Driver M Pro 130ps EAT8 in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack
Hello Tree, on what position are your headlights set? [Image: f1518ac688e5903d522c8a42cb4b6075.jpg]

Trimis de pe al meu SM-G900F folosind Tapatalk
I tried many different postions - i have a later model van anyway so your results may not be the same as mine.

Instead of seeing a "tick" style to my headlight pattern i was seeing as cross but on the road the beam pattern was full of dark areas.
Previous Berlingo: 2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.

Previous Berlingo: K9 2018 Driver M 100ps in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack

Current Berlingo: 2021 K9 Driver M Pro 130ps EAT8 in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack
(08-01-2017, 03:43 PM)brodfather11 Wrote:  May be right or wrong but from what I,ve heard /read about LED h/lights are that they are a waste of money. They may improve in the future, seemingly  it is the beam that they throw or rather don't throw that is the problem.

LED Side lights  are good and cheap and interior LED light bulbs are nice and bright.

Depends if you have  CANBUS , if so they can generate a bulb out warning.

Having canbus will have no relation to the bulb warning system, it's a myth that canbus is directly related to bulb checking

As for the headlamps, yes it's doable but as said it's very expensive for what you'll need as bulbs are made to give a correct pattern, led bulbs have to be made with moveable parts to provide the beam pattern, and they are breakable and not very good from experience, the bulb checker side of things can be sorted with load resistors and stuff, but for now I'd be sticking with normal bulbs
I wonder why they sell led bulbs as CANBUS friendly
Because if they're just leds you will see them flashing even when they'r off a small flash each few seconds

(11-01-2017, 08:48 AM)brodfather11 Wrote:  I wonder why they sell led bulbs as CANBUS friendly

Because they are ignorant t**ts and use words that have no connection to what they really mean, they mean bulb checking system safe... canbus friendly is a load of balls put bluntly that people take in and assume the product is better than normal as its digital or some other such nonsense, anyone who believes it has no clue about canbus Smile

There is no canbus signals anywhere near your back lights, maybe mr lightfoot will come along and reinforce my position Wink
I only asked, 

Perhaps you should start a new thread explaining the CANBUS , ie what it is and how it works and how it is generally understood to work.

What back lights are you referring to ? . I thought it was headlights the OP was referring to. Huh
These are the bulbs I fitted to my motorbike
 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/232169975071?_...EBIDX%3AIT

I have fitted HID before and the beam pattern on them was very bad causing glare to oncoming vehicles. The LED's were pretty good. I took the bike to the bike store and had the headlights adjusted to ensure they were within the beam parameters. One of the headlights was already spot on, one needed a small amount of adjustment. I asked the guy if I would have any issues at MOT time and he said not if they stay set as they are.

I agree the super white bulbs can be very bright but no brighter than HID now fitted as standard to many cars and motorbikes. On a motorbike the lights are not only to allow you to see the road, they are to let other road users see you. More motorists see me on the road now and so that reduces the chances of me getting knocked off and hurt.

I don't know about the lenses in the Berlingo, that was why I asked the question. The lights are not great and I have an overnight trip through Scotland to Inverness in April and was hoping new LED's would make the difference.

I can only speak with experience from the bike but the new LED bulbs show more of the road ahead in a cleaner light. I have no black spots, the bike will pass its MOT and I don't blind oncoming vehicles. What is the issue?
2010 Berlingo Multispace 1.6HDi - Chipped
I like led more then hid too expecially that you don't have to add any transformers and wires to your car