Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Broken Wing Mirror Glass Drivers Side
Hi all,

I am new to the forum as I recently just got myself a Berlingo Multispace XTR on a 60 plate.

I am really pleased with the car but I have one minor problem, when I bought the car it had a hairline crack down the wing mirror glass on the drivers side. This is barely visible but I would guess its likely an MOT failure when it comes around and also as the car is in really excellent condition its just kind of annoying that I know its there even if others cant really notice it.

The wing mirrors are the electric folding and heated ones and there is no other damage on there its simply this hairline crack down the mirror glass. I have found places selling replacement mirror glass for this model Berlingo online but my problem is I have no idea how to go about removing the old glass and fixing the new glass in place.

Is this an easy D.I.Y. job or would people advise taking to the dealer to get the job done and does anyone know what sort of price a dealer would be looking at to fix this.

If anyone can give me any advice if you have replaced this yourself or know how to or if anyone can point me in the direction of a tutorial I would really appreciate it as I don't want to spend a fortune if its a simple job but on the flip side I don't want to risk damaging the wing mirror unit or electrics if its a tricky job.

Could anyone give me any help with this?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to iainh23 for this post:
  • Ol'Jeffers
Very simple to remove the old glass, just tilt it fully to one side, and get your fingers or a flat screwdriver behind the glass, and pull it off. The new one just clips onin the same way.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Lighty for this post:
  • iainh23, ron
Thank you for that, I will order a replacement today and try it myself if it just pulls off.

Is there anything I need to be wary of when I pull it off? as I'm guessing there may we wires to connect the heater for the mirrors.

Many thanks for the help.
(23-02-2014, 04:23 PM)iainh23 Wrote:  Thank you for that, I will order a replacement today and try it myself if it just pulls off.

Is there anything I need to be wary of when I pull it off? as I'm guessing there may we wires to connect the heater for the mirrors.

I changed mine last summer and it was very easy just be careful of the wires, I found pushing the new glass in the centre with my thumbs clipped it into place fine.

--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
(23-02-2014, 04:23 PM)iainh23 Wrote:  Thank you for that, I will order a replacement today and try it myself if it just pulls off.

Where did you get your replacent mirror glass from? And did you fix it without bother. I have the same problem after the missus clipped someone elses mirror.
You can get them on ebay and other site's like that  Smile
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

As Jed says, eBay is where mine came from just make sure you order the correct one.
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.