Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Heating not getting hot and other stuff!
Guys, don't know if it's me or not but I cannot get the heating in my 2015 enterprise really hot. Even with the heater dial up to full chat, the temperature is perfectly bearable where as in my previous Bipper it was ridiculously hot.

I did wonder if there was an air lock in the heater matrix or do these vans just not get stupidly hot?

A couple of other things I've noticed is that if I have the heat in the footwell which is what I generally have the fan set to, I still get a fair amount of air flow out onto the screen. I can't say that the flow into the footwell is that significant. Also tonight driving back home, and with the temperatures dropping I also noticed a cool draft coming in from under the dash. Soon as I dropped back to 60 it stopped.

One thing did happen though that does concern me was the engine fan being on when I pulled on to the drive way and it continued to run even when I locked the van. It was still running two minutes later and only stopped once I started the van up and shut it down again. Engine temps seem normal, just under 90° but I have noticed that tonight it was lower than that? Perhaps the running fan was the aircon fan as I've always got the aircon running due to always having wet fishing gear in the back of my vans!

Assuming I'm not being a plum and this is something that does happen occasionally and the footwell doesn't get that warm, it'll go back to the dealer for warranty work because something doesn't sound right.

Thoughts and opinions appreciated.

Lee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Previous Berlingo: 2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.

Previous Berlingo: K9 2018 Driver M 100ps in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack

Current Berlingo: 2021 K9 Driver M Pro 130ps EAT8 in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack
Its not impossible that the pollen filter cover is not on correctly, this would cause havoc on the heating system.
Hard to imagine why on a 2015 vehicle, but worth a look.
(10-01-2016, 09:05 PM)Tree Wrote:  Engine temps seem normal, just under 90° but I have noticed that tonight it was lower than that?
Unlikely on such a new vehicle,but could be thermostat
(11-01-2016, 07:12 AM)Lighty Wrote:  Its not impossible that the pollen filter cover is not on correctly, this would cause havoc on the heating system.
Hard to imagine why on a 2015 vehicle, but worth a look.

I had this on my Bipper oddly enough, the screws holding the box together had ripped the threads out so air was just bypassing the pollen filter box

(11-01-2016, 08:22 AM)Col Wrote:  
(10-01-2016, 09:05 PM)Tree Wrote:  Engine temps seem normal, just under 90° but I have noticed that tonight it was lower than that?
Unlikely on such a new vehicle,but could be thermostat

I suspect it was to do with the fan going nuts Col - everything seems normal today, could even feel some warmth around my feet but then the temp was 5 degrees different to last night.
Previous Berlingo: 2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.

Current Berlingo: 2021 K9 Driver M Pro 130ps EAT8 in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack
The damper mechanism is easy disconnect when the pollen filter is changed, might be worth checking it still works.
I guess the cabin won't get that hot if the air con is on?
(11-01-2016, 10:54 AM)Solent Wrote:  The damper mechanism is easy disconnect when the pollen filter is changed, might be worth checking it still works.
I guess the cabin won't get that hot if the air con is on?

Its never been an issue on previous vans and cars and doesn't appear to be an issue in our C4 Grand Picasso with the same engine - I've always had the aircon running simply to keep the interior of the van dry due to generally always having wet weather gear in the back.

It's booked in with LMC to have a check over next monday - more so because of the fan staying on.

I'm pretty sure that something has come disconnected from the pollen filter box - I've just come back from a client and the air coming out of the screen vent is definitely more prominent than the footwell when set to footwell.

The fan can run for a couple of mins at least after engine is switched off if engine is hot, Ie driving in heavy traffic or just hot weather.
(11-01-2016, 02:49 PM)Opensauce Wrote:  The fan can run for a couple of mins at least after engine is switched off if engine is hot, Ie driving in heavy traffic or just hot weather.

Very true but temperatures last night were 4°c and it's all at around 60mph.

The dpf can degenerate when you are driving and if you switch off when this is happening the cooling fan will run for several minutes due to high under bonnet temperatures this does not show on the temperature gauge. Mine as done this a couple of times
That's exactly what appears to have happened.

Just to add I've just driven home 35 miles without the aircon on, heating on full and the inside of the cab was perfectly bearable. Outside temp was 8°C. You'd have thought the heat inside would've been too hot so I'm sure somethings not right.