Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diesel Injector Leak
(06-03-2016, 08:17 AM)polar Wrote:  
(05-03-2016, 07:02 AM)Minewash Wrote:  
(05-03-2016, 06:59 AM)Minewash Wrote:  
(04-03-2016, 08:45 PM)polar Wrote:  Im not sure minewash and i still havent managed to get to my manual yet but i will be able to have a look on Sunday if that is any good to you?

However i would replace all the seals and washers on the affected injectors

Hi Polar. Great, that always will be good. Its always good to know and accumulate experience to benefit myself and other people.

By the way: I just followed your previous advice and got the seals, both parts B&C changed for all injectors, and I'll also keep you updated.

Thanks a million.

Hi Minewash ive had a look at my manual and it does not give that much information but it does show the upper o ring and bottom copper fire seal. As i suspected it just says all the seals should be replaced.

What i have found is a number of injectors loose on the 1.6hdi's and the recommended torque on the injector nuts to be to low IMO so i would not torque them as tight as you dare without snapping anything. 

Needless to say if they have been blowing/leaking i would also do an engine oil flush the clean out any carbon deposits.

Hi Polar. As said before, I just got all the seals changed for the 4 injectors, except the copper ones. The first, third and fourth injectors are good and dry, but oil is still leaking from the second injector!
Any thoughts!
Thanks a million,
Well minewash if they are tight but leaking oil there must be something wrong - maybe the injector is scored or pitted so the seal is not working? However apart from coming to Israel im going to struggle to help much more LOL

Are you sure the seals and injectors were fitted correctly was the bore and injector clean?
Perhaps the head needs the seats cut ?
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
(06-03-2016, 08:02 PM)polar Wrote:  Well minewash if they are tight but leaking oil there must be something wrong - maybe the injector is scored or pitted so the seal is not working? However apart from coming to Israel im going to struggle to help much more LOL

Are you sure the seals and injectors were fitted correctly was the bore and injector clean?

Hi Polar. First of all, many thanks for your help. And you are more than welcome, and I'll be happy to host you and show you around if you decide to come my way!

Back to the problem, I've even changed the injector which i got inspected before fitting it in place, the seals (all of the three, the plastic ring, the rubber seal, and copper one were all changed by new ones), every thing was cleaned and changed, and I still have leak outside the injector, diesel leak! I really do not know what to do! 
Please advise!
Thanks a million
(06-03-2016, 09:31 PM)geoff Wrote:  Perhaps the head needs the seats cut ?

Hi geoff. Thank you for your reply. 

Can you please explain what you mean by "the head needs the seats cut"?
You have to get a injector bore cutting tool - they are not expensive - and just recut the bottom of the hole (bore) the injector goes in.

Are you sure its not an injector leak off pipe leaking?
And Minewash thank you for the invitation that was very kind of you if i do come ill bring my tools LOL
(11-03-2016, 07:45 PM)polar Wrote:  And Minewash thank you for the invitation that was very kind of you if i do come ill bring my tools LOL

Great, this way we might start a joint business! Cool

But not before getting my problem sorted out!
(11-03-2016, 07:44 PM)polar Wrote:  You have to get a injector bore cutting tool - they are not expensive - and just recut the bottom of the hole (bore) the injector goes in.

Almost every thing was checked and changed, the injector itself, all seals, the O ring, and still its leaking off diesel from the point where the injector meets the bore (top of the bore)!
(11-03-2016, 07:53 PM)Minewash Wrote:  
(11-03-2016, 07:44 PM)polar Wrote:  You have to get a injector bore cutting tool - they are not expensive - and just recut the bottom of the hole (bore) the injector goes in.

Almost every thing was checked and changed, the injector itself, all seals, the O ring, and still its leaking off diesel from the point where the injector meets the bore (top of the bore)!

Do you mean to re cut the bottom of the bore? but the leak is form the point where the injector meets the top of the bore! its the top of the bore where the leak is!