Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello everybody
Hello to all, newbie here. Just acquired my fourth ber ding started with a 2004 1.4 petrol with only 31,000 on clock found it very thirsty soon got rid often went for 2006 1.6hdi desire with 100,000 on clock loved this one great on fuel never let me down had it for about 4 years sadly parted with it at 130,000. Then bought another 2006 1.6hdi desire with 87,000 on clock didn't have long as I made a big mistake of buying in the rain (never again) as had loads of scratches on it that didn't show when wet. I have now bought a 2009 1.6 hdi XTR with 78,000 on clock with full service history and hope this is as good as the earlier ones. Are there any common faults with these ones and things to look out for. From looking at history these seem heavy on tyres, and noticed headlight bulbs look a lot easier to change any hints tip appreciated thanks in advance. Does anybody know if this is supposed to have retracting mirrors
Hello Iank welcome to the forum Smile Keep her well serviced engine oil Total Quarts ino 5W30 and filter's every 8000 miles or every year make sure it's not pulling hard to the left keep the tyre's at the right pressure quite high front 2.4 bar rear up to 3.4 bar if it's 110 bhp it will have a FAP / DPF make sure it has a good run every mouth or so so it can regenerate the FAP / DPF or it will get blocked if it's a 90 bhp it will not have a FAP / DPF up to 2012 keep an eye on the injectors make sure there tight or they can leak 25 NM torque keep an eye on the driver too some of them can be dodgy .  Wink
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

PS the folding mirror's came has an option so you mite not have them .  Sad

Hi Jed thanks for reply, not had chance to check it today,will do it tomorrow if not raining. I will be doing oil and filter change every year regardless of mileage even tho I only do about 5000 a year max. Whats the pulling left issue you mentioned. I am sure it's the 90 bhp so that's good news for me. And the driver is real dodgy(lol)
Hi IanK & welcome.Join in the fun & banter. Cool
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
(03-01-2016, 06:14 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  PS the folding mirror's came has an option so you mite not have them .  Sad

Seems I don't have folding mirrors option on mine checked fuses this morning all ok in bottom row of fuse box but could not find the other fuses  I even took glovebox out so I could have a good rummage around.
Hi iv'e just check in my hand book got it a bit wrong it's still in the same place but it's F 4 15 Amp fuse not F 14 DOH  Rolleyes

(05-01-2016, 09:19 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  Hi iv'e just check in my hand book got it a bit wrong it's still in the same place but it's F 4 15 Amp fuse not F 14 DOH  Rolleyes

Hi, will have another look tomorrow, I looked in handbook myself pages 144 and 145 and there seems to be 2 different sets of fuses. I can't find the smaller one with 5 fuses in so assume I don't have this option thanks for your help