Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
Hello from long time citroen van owner
Hello, as you can see I've spent a lot of time owning/driving Citroen vans: Happy to help out and have come here to learn as well.

1987 C15D just one breakdown in 9 years which I fixed roadside!
1996 Berlingo (stolen)
2002 C15D (write off / hit while stationary)
2009 Berlingo enterprise 90hp (write off / hit debris on the motorway last month)
2012 (08) Berlingo enterprise 75hp (my first used van) which I hope to get a few years out of this time around :-)

Loved the C15 to bits and would still buy one today if they were in production (and didn't have all the stupid factory bolt-ons they ended up with).

Berlingo's are very fine work horses too; I wouldn't buy the latest model as chassis is way too big for my liking!

Bring back the old models, you can't beat a classic & vintage!!!

Chas
Welcome - from another C15 fan.
BTW-what factory bolt-ons? - my '05 was blessed with no more than a heater and a cassette radio!
(06-12-2012, 09:30 AM)evdama Wrote:  Welcome - from another C15 fan.
BTW-what factory bolt-ons? - my '05 was blessed with no more than a heater and a cassette radio!

Things which clearly were not there on my early C15 appeared later in production, including a sort of breather pipe into the engine block that kept was continually bringing a warning light up... the solution was just to pull the pipe off, van still worked a treat and no warning light.

Something to do with emmisions perhaps?!

All you need is a heater and cassette, my first (renault 4) van you opened a vent on the dash just below the windscreen and leaves and twigs blew in, now that's venting for youBig Grin
Welcome from another C15 fan.Mine did 180,000 miles with no problems.I agree about the Mk3,it's too big for me too.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Hello and welcome from another fellow C15 fan, I had them for just over twenty years before I went for a Berlingo, I'd still have one if it had power steering for my wife and her shoulders.
I had my first one for thirteen years and had a further four after that, each of those bought as screaming bargains that I couldn't refuse.
Before the C15 I had a Visa and now regret selling it.
Currently have a Mk 2 and this is plenty big enough for me.
I miss lots about the C15 but on a regular basis I miss the fantastic mirrors.
There is in my opinion a market for a modern rust free C15 without all the fancy trimmings.
Anyway welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.
Geoff.
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
(07-12-2012, 12:12 AM)geoff Wrote:  There is in my opinion a market for a modern rust free C15 without all the fancy trimmings.
Geoff.

Thanks Geoff, good effort! Actually... think I've been too cosseted by Berlingo's to go back to a C15 now, but they were amazing value for money.

The Nemo I guess is the next of kin but doubt that will ever enjoy a 21 year production run like it's old Dad managed before finally bowing out!

As for rust: Where did the rust start? On the side window blanks which were all fitted at the docks right here in England!
(07-12-2012, 09:18 PM)waverley Wrote:  
(07-12-2012, 12:12 AM)geoff Wrote:  There is in my opinion a market for a modern rust free C15 without all the fancy trimmings.
Geoff.

Thanks Geoff, good effort! Actually... think I've been too cosseted by Berlingo's to go back to a C15 now, but they were amazing value for money.

The Nemo I guess is the next of kin but doubt that will ever enjoy a 21 year production run like it's old Dad managed before finally bowing out!

As for rust: Where did the rust start? On the side window blanks which were all fitted at the docks right here in England!

You're not slighting British craftsmanship are you?:lol:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy