Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Help me track down an ECU?
Hi all.

A slightly belated continuation of this thread;

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=8432

My diesel injection problems have been tracked down to a faulty ECU. So in theory, replace the ECU and job's a good 'un without spending silly money.

The problem is, getting hold of the specific ECU I need is apparently proving very difficult for the garage my Berlingo is at...

It's a Siemens ECU for a 53 plate 2.0HDi Forte. The trouble is, I don't know the exact part number (not a lot of use, I know).
I'm reliably informed it's a very specific ECU that was only fitted to the 2.0HDi for a relatively short time, hence the difficulty tracking it down.

I realise all of that is pretty vague, and I'll get the specific part number ASAP, but if anyone thinks they could shed any light/ offer any form of advice short of "buy an ECU from Citroen for £1000" then it'd be gratefully received.

Many thanks.

Sam
hi best place i can think off is "ecu decode.co.uk" if you give them your reg or part number they will be able to supply the same ecu and even unlocked or as free run to prevent you having to recode things there number is 01373 302412.
Is this 'Guessnostics'? they don't go wrong very often, usually something else.
Whats the actual fault? You will need the ecu part numbers to find one.
There are a few decent suppliers of ecu's & you could also get a complete ecu/bsi/key set(breakers/fleebay) to swap over or recode to your vin if you have access to lexia & immo pin code.
(13-01-2014, 05:37 PM)obdtech Wrote:  Is this 'Guessnostics'? they don't go wrong very often, usually something else.
Whats the actual fault? You will need the ecu part numbers to find one.
There are a few decent suppliers of ecu's & you could also get a complete ecu/bsi/key set(breakers/fleebay) to swap over or recode to your vin if you have access to lexia & immo pin code.

+1
Progress...

I don't know the exact fault codes, but apparently it's a fault with the injector driver of the ECU.
I'm going to send the unit off to ECU Decode, who've been very helpful (Cheers for the heads up Jayspug)
so hopefully I'll soon have either a repaired or cloned ECU ready to re install.

My question now is, what does that involve? Is it just a very simple plug in and play or is there rather more to it than that?

Cheers again.