Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi! A quick HDI q...
Hi,  New to the forum and need a wee bit of advice if poss.  I had a lovely 56 plate 1.9 (non turbo) 56 plate berlingo van which has sadly been written off Sad

I am trying to find a replacement which is forever a tough task on a tight budget, I keep seeing the 1.6HDi models and I am wondering if I would be better with one of these?

I am looking at 05-07 models (at a stretch) and was just going ot get the same 1.9 non turbo version again but wondering if the HDi might be better, I do about 60 miles a day in a variety of traffic - some motorway, some stop start traffic and the only cargo I carry is a large greyhound and the odd bag of horse feed. Models looking at are roughly 80k -100k mileage, so ant something with a couple of years in it all being well that won't cost a small fortune to repair/run.

Any advice welcome, thanks and hellllooo Big Grin
Hello leflynn and welcome to the forum. I can't comment on comparing the two as I've only ever had a 1.6 HDi. I can say though that if you decide on the 1.6 that you get a full service history and that the oil was changed regularly (more often than the manual says) and that it was the proper spec. oil. That's really important with the 1.6 to avoid a blown turbo down the road.
(05-12-2014, 12:25 PM)3rensho Wrote:  Hello leflynn and welcome to the forum.  I can't comment on comparing the two as I've only ever had a 1.6 HDi.  I can say though that if you decide on the 1.6 that you get a full service history and that the oil was changed regularly (more often than the manual says) and that it was the proper spec. oil.  That's really important with the 1.6 to avoid a blown turbo down the road.

Thank you, thats what I am worried about as a lot don't seem to have much service history!
Hello Leflynn welcome to the forum good to have you with us as 3rensho wrote it's a must to have a full service history keep her well serviced she will serve you well the 1.6 HDI is in a lot of other car's Ford Volvo BMW Mini
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy