Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 3.11 Average
Hi from Somerset
Hello Everyone,

I am seriously thinking about a Berlingo Xtr about 58/09 age range as the spec is better than the Vtr, Ie standard air con for one.

My question is this, Are the 1.6 diesels OK, Do they have a Dpf, mind I rag my diesels a bit. And Cruise control is a must, Can it be fitted and what kind of cost??
Hopefully it will be a good buy when I have got one and looking forward to being here on the forum.
Anything to be aware of when buying a Xtr as well.

Thanks and sorry for all the questions in my first post.Big Grin:wave:

William
All engines are fine -full service history is important, but essential on 1.6.
Frequent oill changes seem to be the way forward.
Theres lots of horror stories circulating but the majority of people (and those with later engines) are perfectly satisfied.Dont 'rag' when cold and theres no need to as the power is all over by 2500 rpm anyway-use the gearbox instead.
Thre are some folk unhappy with the behavior of suspension on early MK3s -it can rattle and skitter on rough roads.

Anywhere near Wiveliscombe?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to evdama for this post:
  • Muppet1
(17-08-2012, 05:31 PM)evdama Wrote:  All engines are fine -full service history is important, but essential on 1.6.
Theres lots of horror stories circulating but the majority of people (and those with later engines) are perfectly satisfied.Dont 'rag' when cold and theres no need to as the power is all over by 2500 rpm anyway-use the gearbox instead.
Thre are some folk unhappy with the behavior of suspension on early MK3s -it can rattle and skitter on rough roads.

Er yes, How did you deduce that or was it a guess. Love your Berlingo. Stunning.
(17-08-2012, 05:41 PM)Muppet1 Wrote:  
(17-08-2012, 05:31 PM)evdama Wrote:  All engines are fine -full service history is important, but essential on 1.6.

Er yes, How did you deduce that or was it a guess. Love your Berlingo. Stunning.

My sister lives there -just a guess!
(17-08-2012, 07:03 PM)evdama Wrote:  
(17-08-2012, 05:41 PM)Muppet1 Wrote:  

My sister lives there -just a guess!

Sometimes its a very small world!!!!!