Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 2.9 Average
Berlingo Newbie
Hi All,

I have had my Red Berlingo Multispace Forte 2.0 HDi 2002 reg. about a month now since the Skoda Octavia 1.8T 4x4 gave up the ghost. Gone back to diesel as 32mpg was really hurting.
I'm not new to Citroen, had 3 Xantias in the past (all diesel) so I know what I've let myself in for.
Berti is great for lugging drum kits around (which the Skoda wasn't) and guitarist in the band has one too! so I was hoping for great times ahead.
Well that didn't last too long as engine light has come on and gone off a couple of times in the last two week going into limp home mode each time (rev limited to 2900rpm), Oh and the central locking is playing up too, (put a new battery in key fob when I bought it as it was flat). And the crank pulley is making a loverly squeaking sound at idle (unless it's the alternator of course!). But apart from that it's quite pleasant for a van with a few luxuries. (I'll not mention the clutch cable, I mean a cable clutch these days Ye Gods!)

Well I'd like some advise on diagnostic tools to get to the bottom of the engine MIL.

Been looking at Autel ms509 ~£60 but Berti is not OBD2 (2002) but I guess / hope it'll read generic DTC codes, anyone got any experience of these? or anyone live around Brighton (Sussex) with a scan tool or Lexia 3. Sorry to go begging on my first thread.

I'm an automotive engineer (Ricardo UK Ltd). Engines are soo much nicer to work on when they're not in a vehicle.

All the best

BertiLingo
Welcome to the forum Bertilingo:wave:

woodshaper
Sole Member and President for LIFE!
Hello, sorry you've got problems so soon, but as you say, not exactly a surprise having had French cars before.

Mine is 2004 and I use a Scangauge 2