Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Highest Mileage MK3?
I know MK1's & 2 out their have some high mileage on them but I'm interested to hear what sort of mileages members have got on their MK3's along with the age.
I get an allowance for a car from work as I opted out of a company car but they have criteria that your car must be changed at 8 years old or 150K whichever comes first. At that stage I plan to pass the Berlingo to the Mrs. I will likely do the 150K in 6-7 years & she does less than 10K a year. it would be great if it would last her the next 6-7 years until the next handover. Feasible?
2015 Cactus Feel BlueHDi
2014 Dispatch Van LWB
Ex 2013 Berlingo XTR 1.6HDi 115 owner
(13-09-2013, 06:43 AM)knackerdan Wrote:  I know MK1's & 2 out their have some high mileage on them but I'm interested to hear what sort of mileages members have got on their MK3's along with the age.
I get an allowance for a car from work as I opted out of a company car but they have criteria that your car must be changed at 8 years old or 150K whichever comes first. At that stage I plan to pass the Berlingo to the Mrs. I will likely do the 150K in 6-7 years & she does less than 10K a year. it would be great if it would last her the next 6-7 years until the next handover. Feasible?

You will (probably) find that do not have to wait until you hit the parameters set by the policy if you want to change the car. You should be able to change anytime up to that point so yes, very feasible. Just hack it in when you feel it is going to start becoming unreliable. I have had more than one prestige German car go pop before 25K. That's why I kept my company cars until I stopped working.
Sorry - I worded that badly. This isn't a company car - I opted out of those 'prestige' cars to save tax etc & get something I actually find useful as A4's & 320's don't suit my lifestyle! I can change it at any time but 8yr/150K is the max they will allow if you run your own car.

So I'm curious what high milers are out there & how they're running. The longer I keep it the more I save & it would be good to hand it on to the mrs as a reliable runner.
2015 Cactus Feel BlueHDi
2014 Dispatch Van LWB
Ex 2013 Berlingo XTR 1.6HDi 115 owner
This is a pic of the final mileage of my 2010 plate Berlingo 1.6 HDi 90hp L2 LX van when I got rid of it :

Sorry, I give up! this web site won't let me upload a picture greater than 2000 bytes!!!!.... you'll just have to take my word for it!!
The mileage was 334,458 miles when I passed the van on to my Nephew for commuting to work purposes.
Try this for proof lol! : -

http://imgur.com/9VJE6bR
(04-05-2015, 10:16 PM)CourierJim Wrote:  The mileage was 334,458 miles when I passed the van on to my Nephew for commuting to work purposes.

That's very impressive how many turbos did you go through?
(05-05-2015, 06:18 PM)doofer Wrote:  Mine's now got 7000 miles on it, and it hasn't needed any repairs yet.

This is a major achievement, as I had a Fiat before.

LOL That many temping fate you better start praying  Angel  Wink
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy