Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
In memorandum, beloved mk1.
Heart 
    This is Tick (small head, big body).

She recently left me, but I'd like to mark her memory with this image which tells of the many adventures we had. This is her trying out her chameleon skills against the to-be-painted house, upon return from one festival or other.

4x4? Forget it! She pulled my little caravan over mountain passes and could tow it off splippery fields when all the four-bys were wating for the tractor....

Good ole girl... I miss her so

M x
What happened?

And yeah, people often seem to think that 4WD is an acceptable substitute for learning to drive a vehicle.
(27-05-2014, 10:30 AM)Gadgetman Wrote:  What happened?

And yeah, people often seem to think that 4WD is an acceptable substitute for learning to drive a vehicle.

Her near side, front wheel hit a mountain... teeny narrow road with sheer rock to the left, midnight, sheeting rain, sharp bend on a blind bumpy-hump, weight in the back, bald road, headlights facing upbank at me, that looked in the middle of the road due to the bend. Just a tiny brake, a little lost traction and a jig to the left just where a spur of rock jutted out so simply no space for driver error. Popped her, is it, drive shaft out, and the bill to set her straight was just laughed at by the insurance. Poor ole lass. She was so fab both my best friend then boyfriend got one of their own!
Getting the driveshaft back in place shouldn't be that difficult, but...
I expect a few bits around the shaft probably got smashed about.
(On at least some models, the right-hand driveshaft goes THROUGH the rear motor mount.... )
The driveshaft itself may have been damaged, the two CV-joints, too.

Yeah, I can see that it could cost more than the value of the car to get it fixed by professionals.
just think some part's will be cannibalize to live again
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

(27-05-2014, 08:48 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  just think some part's will be cannibalize to live again

Yes, she's carrying her donor card and will live on.... in somecar else, somewhere else....

M x
But - will you buy another?
(28-05-2014, 11:23 AM)addo Wrote:  But - will you buy another?

Heh.... already did. An 04 mk2.

But I'm having problems and wish I'd not (just this particular one! I'm most certainly still wanting a Berlingo). And now the dealer isn't answering my emails... darn...

M x
That's what I get for not paying enough attention. The PAS troubles you speak of, are on its replacement.
(28-05-2014, 11:41 AM)addo Wrote:  That's what I get for not paying enough attention. The PAS troubles you speak of, are on its replacement.

Yes, odd steering (and intermitent comms 2000) I keep asking myself if I can just get used to it, but then I go round a particular corner and the wheel's jigging all over the place in my hand.

Member Kokain has given me an idea that sorted his - cut off the odd bag thing on the ends of the rack to stop it pulling and stretching. But I'm not wanting to do anything myself that'll bodge up the warranty... watch this space... (and wish me luck!)

M x