Thread Rating:
  • 30 Vote(s) - 3.87 Average
Installing sounds
Right thought I would try my luck at sorting the illumination for the headunit meaning that when i turn my headlamps on the headunit will automatically dim rather than blind me when i am driving at night; but so far having no luck.

I have confirmed there is definitely a dimmer on the standard headunit I.e when headlights are turned on the the stereo lights up.

On my jvc adapter the illumination pin is as lliam says pin a6 orange/White in coloured but the iso adapter kit to the car there is no a6. However on the berlingo there are only 5 wires and 8 speaker wires and out of the 5 we have already established that pin
a8 is ground green/yellow
a7 is mains power pink
a6 is memory fat White wire

Which leaves 2 others pins.
a2 small White wire
a3 small light brown/tan wire

Pins a1 a4 and a5 have no wires so will try my luck with one of them.

Pin a2 shows 4.7v on multimeter whilst pin a3 shows 0.35v
Just on the SD card, certain units wont accept the High Compression format. With my last car (a VW) you could only use maximum 4GB card and only SD (no HC)
2005 Berlingo Multispace 1.6i Desire (Iron Grey)

If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked something.

Cheers chris, yeah I did some checking up on the headunit specs before Xmas, as I had lost the original box and papers as had it a few years, and it is only sd compatible not sdhc so just wrapped it back up and gave to the old man for Xmas. Currently hav a 512mb sd card out of an old camera that holds roughly 70 songs.
Just catching this thread now....does your headunit have an Aux-in? If so, might be better to buy a cheap mp3 player with say 4gb+ capacity and just plug that in. Thats how ive got mine set up with an iPod, works nicely. Easy to navigate between songs too.
Yeah it does have a Line in, i bought a set of phonos to jack leads in tesco for a few quid to get the iphone working, just haven't decided where to route the cable yet.

As to the illumination of the headunit, I'm now a little confused. The two wires left over from citroen loom iso white wire and brown/tan wire. I managed to get the headunit to dim however it was on a constant dim and when turn lights on and off had no effect. Am now wondering if I have my memory hooked up to the wrong live feed?

I will have another look at it tomorrow in the light!