27-01-2016, 07:56 PM
The next part was the carpeting. I bought 5m of acoustic carpet that was 1.35m wide and used high temp adhesive. The carpet was wide enough to go across the roof in one nerve-wracking piece. I tucked it under the existing cab lining and worked backwards, the glue remains tacky for a while and the carpet is super stretchy so you can make adjustments. I marked where the rear interior light was (in hindsight this would have been the time to put more lights in etc but I needed to get it sorted for a job at the time) and cut the carpet once the glue had dried. The van came with two MDF boards that I used (assuming they'd be the right size - it turned out they weren't exact hence the gaps in the next post) for the larger panels. For the smaller panels I used some 3mm/5mm ply. I covered them all in the carpet and used some more insulation on the backs of each panel. I was doing this on a budget so wanted to use as little carpet as possible - once I'd got the panels covered I covered the parts that wouldn't be covered by the panels. I used stainless steel self tapping screws to attach the panels. I figured the advantage of using the thicker MDF side panels meant that I could attach storage nets/hooks/webbing etc at a later date.