Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.75 Average
Insuraance Ripoff
Got my renewal from Tesco - £672 so they can F.R.O for starters.:wave:

Ive had previous success with the comparison sites and the mid field are all coming in at 240-400.
e'Van want 1500:lol:
I have never heard of any of the budget outfits listed

Ive tried a few standalone quotes
Adrian Flux still havent sent me the email as yet
LV= has just offered me a fully featured deal at just under £300 - anyone had experience with them?
Ill call Direct line when its not ridiculous o'clock-they only do van ins on the phone
I will give Carole Nash a try with her 6 wheel policy as Ive got my brit bike insured there.

Are there any other good independants to try?
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to evdama for this post:
  • addo
Got LV for private hire and public liability. Quotes seem favourable, if that's the right word. :whistle:
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
Just started my second year with LV, £195 fully comp. Mind you I am old with no claims, will try them for the house insurance when that comes up.
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
Just had mine through. Churchill Renewal Quote was £256. But churchill was coming out on the comparison sites as the lowest at around £160. Phoned up and they matched the comparison site.
I just get annoyed that the renewal quote is always much higher than looking around.
I did notice that many of the 'big name' companies, when you go to their websites directly, have pretty much exactly the same form to fill in, just the logo changes. They're all UK Insurance. Direct Line, Churchill, Admiral are the ones I can recall. Quotes varied by a few quid. Suggests to me that its a bit of a con - if you get lots of quotes on comparison sites around the same value, then you think that's the going rate. But they're all effectively from one company. That stinks of market manipulation, and if its not illegal, it bloody well should be.

As with Trevor, I'm getting on (at almost 40) and no claims. The Berlingo is about the cheapest car you can get to insure - when I was looking at buying, I compared groups on quite a few cars. The Kangoo was a couple of groups higher (and a hell of a lot more agricultural), the C-Max was WAY higher. Estate cars were all quite a lot higher too. That said, I did get the odd quote over £1000.
The Bus II: 2019 XL Flair 1.2
My Berlingo costs £1300 last year for private hire. Just got my renewal for the V70 £318.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
Secured a deal through Adrian Flux.
Same policy features as tesco's but just a tad under at £280!

It really pays to be disloyal.....
(16-04-2013, 09:32 AM)Guanajuato Wrote:  Just had mine through. Churchill Renewal Quote was £256. But churchill was coming out on the comparison sites as the lowest at around £160. Phoned up and they matched the comparison site.
I just get annoyed that the renewal quote is always much higher than looking around.
I did notice that many of the 'big name' companies, when you go to their websites directly, have pretty much exactly the same form to fill in, just the logo changes. They're all UK Insurance. Direct Line, Churchill, Admiral are the ones I can recall. Quotes varied by a few quid. Suggests to me that its a bit of a con - if you get lots of quotes on comparison sites around the same value, then you think that's the going rate. But they're all effectively from one company. That stinks of market manipulation, and if its not illegal, it bloody well should be.

As with Trevor, I'm getting on (at almost 40) and no claims. The Berlingo is about the cheapest car you can get to insure - when I was looking at buying, I compared groups on quite a few cars. The Kangoo was a couple of groups higher (and a hell of a lot more agricultural), the C-Max was WAY higher. Estate cars were all quite a lot higher too. That said, I did get the odd quote over £1000.

Your getting on! Almost 40!! Pahh your a Youff sir. I aint saying how old I am but my bus pass has just had its 6th birthday Smile
--------------------------------------------------------------

2012 Iron Grey XTR 110 with lots of bits and bobs.
As I have noted elsewhere, Tesco's quote for renewal this year was around £280 fully comp..
A rise in premium of about £50.
I'm now insured with Adrian Flux for £230.50 same policy, same benefits (?).
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
Almost 40 means still in your thirties,that's still young,certainly wouldn't class anyone of getting on a bit at that age Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to eame64 for this post:
  • Guanajuato
Just had the renewal forms from Bennetts for my bike £97 fully comp. Entered the same details on Confused and got a quote of £65 - from Bennetts !!

Phoned their renewals and told them the story. They said, renew it online as a new policy for the £65. They cannot offer the "new customer" and online discounts that Confused and the like can. They told me they end up telling "loads" of customers to renew this way - I did !!!