Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Insurance claim
By the sound of steve71's experience I would say that was a company liability policy not a individual car policy paying out. I know somreone who's van was destroyed by a forklift dropping a pallet of bricks on a building site, the sites liability cover paid for everything, courtesy vehicle, damaged tools etc.

By the sounds of the OP's first pot the,woman had probably got a third party claim management company dealing with crash number 1 and her insurance want to deal with crash 2 in house as those management companies charge upto 200 a day just for the courtesy car.

Hopefully come renewal time her policy will be prohinitively extreme and she will give up driving.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to northants_guy for this post:
  • mrbritse
(21-10-2012, 01:28 PM)evdama Wrote:  
(21-10-2012, 12:28 PM)mrbritse Wrote:  Thanks for the replies. I think I may get back to the other ins. company and see if their offer still holds, even though I have already asked my insurance to deal with it. I wasnt damaged much but it did aggravate old neck wounds

Woahh
Bad luck with that its scary how many loonies are out there.It sounds like they know they will pay out for much more so they make a "generous" offer first
I think you would do right by holding out

A 12 month whiplash injury runs to a minimum £2K these days. If you already have a pain, don't settle that aspect of the claim now - you do not know how your neck will be in 6 months time.

As for the damage to the vehicle etc, just deal with the TP insurer - it's normal practice to make the proactive approach these days - it cuts out the blood sucking leeches at the accident management companies - and you don't need to fork out for your policy excess in the run up to Christmas. Confusedanta:

I take it they have made an admission of liability? Cool
[Image: 108137.png]

Do not write below this line. Office use only.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to thurrockdave for this post:
  • mrbritse
Mine was paid out by the companys liabilty insurance, i don't no if that speeded things up or if it was the threat of charging them for lost earnings!

Also my own insurance company kept wanting to be involved, i told them not to bother but they kept sending forms out which where filed accordingly. I think they just want a slice of the cake with their approved suppliers.
(27-10-2012, 04:40 PM)Steve71 Wrote:  I think they just want a slice of the cake with their approved suppliers.

Correct. :thumbsup:
[Image: 108137.png]

Do not write below this line. Office use only.