Thread Rating:
  • 30 Vote(s) - 2.03 Average
Ipod in Berlingo?
Hi guys,

Has anyone found a satisfactory method of adapting the factory fitted stereo system in order to facilitate the use of an IPod? I have seen various products with diverse prices! I've looked at the transmitter types (poor user reviews) and those which plug into the radio loom and utilise the AUX/CHANGER input. Anyone in 'Berlingo land' any personal experience or recommendations? If not, lady Gaga will stay at home!

2007 Berlingo 1.6HDi probably Clarion make radio/CD

All the best,
El Berlingo Confusedalut:
Ive used aux input on my headunit on all the cars ive had, transferring it from car to car as and when.

Ive found it the best way.

More info here!

http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/showthrea...light=ipod
Want Help with the Forum? Read Help Documents Here

Hi Andre,

Took a look at the link which looks like one I have already considered. Unfortunately it did not get a very good review on the sites I looked at! Seems like the contributor was happy with it though so may do a bit more research. Will get back if I find anything as an alternative. Thanks for your reply.

Regards, El Berlingo
Hi El Berlingo
I had a dummy cassette with a lead attached that fitted into my IPod, not that expensive to buy, got it from Amazon. Mine worked ok.
***once it is in the cassette LEAVE IT IN, taking it out repeatedly loosed the connection in the cassette.

NB, had two wireless transmitters that picked up lots of interference despite frequent retuning and one occasion one half of a lorry drivers telephone conversation.

Hope this is helpful!

Woodshaper

Hope this is helpful.
Woodshaper
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be a 'CD' variant of the cassette type of adapter available as this would have been a good solution. So, I'm going for a loom 'interface' (utilise the CD changer aux. )and position a 3.5mm plug on the dash board to connect to the IPod. When I have completed the task I will post the results and method employed.

If I make a really good job I might show a picture or two!!

Regards to all,

El Berlingo
(25-05-2011, 06:41 AM)El Berlingo Wrote:  Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, there does not appear to be a 'CD' variant of the cassette type of adapter available as this would have been a good solution. So, I'm going for a loom 'interface' (utilise the CD changer aux. )and position a 3.5mm plug on the dash board to connect to the IPod. When I have completed the task I will post the results and method employed.

Regards to all,

El Berlingo

Hi there,

I'd like to try this - did you have any success?
(11-07-2011, 08:57 AM)Derek Hayes Wrote:  
(25-05-2011, 06:41 AM)El Berlingo Wrote:  Hi Guys,

Regards to all,

El Berlingo

Hi there,

I'd like to try this - did you have any success?

Hi, Too hot to touch the car at the moment as it is 35 degrees right now. I have the job planned and as soon as it cools down I will post the results. Looks straight forward and parts are easily available.
Regards, El Berlingo
I've just fitted a new stereo to ours, it's ipod/iphone compatible via a usb lead in the back, a usb socket on the front, also an aux 3.5mm jack on the from and it's bluetooth for hands free calling, mutes the radio when a call comes in, only£90 from halfords.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.
Hi, I found the solution was to use an 'FM Transmitter' it plugs into my mp3 player via a 3.5mm jack and also into the 12v power supply by the gearstick. Select one of the suggested FM frequencies and thats it. I've never had any interference and the sound quality is perfect. A quick look on eb*y shows them from £3 upwards and even with inclusive power supply's for ipods. Apologies if this isn't what you're looking for! Cheers Bigsacs SmileSmile
(24-07-2011, 09:38 AM)bigsacs Wrote:  Hi, I found the solution was to use an 'FM Transmitter' it plugs into my mp3 player via a 3.5mm jack and also into the 12v power supply by the gearstick. Select one of the suggested FM frequencies and thats it. I've never had any interference and the sound quality is perfect. A quick look on eb*y shows them from £3 upwards and even with inclusive power supply's for ipods. Apologies if this isn't what you're looking for! Cheers Bigsacs SmileSmile

See other threads on the topic, I bought one off e-bay to marry up to an mp3 player and to put it bluntly, It is pretty shite :!::!::!::!:

Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue