Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a need to convert?
I posted earlier about preferring sleeping on the car floor and not making a single frame bed. Recently for more than one nighters I decided to make a foldable bed, (3x 600mm square 12mm ply sheets, hinged); these store flat on a frame in the boot area.
Recently after use on six day trip I did modify the front sheet at the drivers end by halfing and hinging it so I can raise that piece and leave the bed and bedding in situ and only have it to readjust the front seat each time for driving. I have a wooden cook box and a plastic storage box that fit under the bed and it rests on them for strength.
The other reason for this set up was for when the weather is cold and dark I can sit on the bed and cook inside (with doors ajar for ventilation-though I do have a kettle for the cigarette lighter) There is now three lighter sockets in my Multispace XTR as I have had leisure battery fitted.
The bed can still be arranged for use without removing the rear seats; an extra support sheet under the bed is need in this set up, usually for more than one night I do remove the rear seats to give more storage space.
I am still considering the best arrangement for an eating table and table for the single burner. I hike and mostly I only boil water for drinks and Mountain House type meals.
(11-11-2016, 12:05 PM)lakeside Wrote:  Recently for more than one nighters I decided to make a foldable bed, (3x 600mm square 12mm ply sheets, hinged); these store flat on a frame in the boot area.

Recently after use on six day trip I did modify the front sheet at the drivers end by halfing and hinging it so I can raise that piece and leave the bed and bedding in situ and only have it to readjust the front seat each time for driving. I have a wooden cook box and a plastic storage box that fit under the bed and it rests on them for strength.

The bed can still be arranged for use without removing the rear seats; an extra support sheet under the bed is need in this set up, usually for more than one night I do remove the rear seats to give more storage space.

This sounds similar to what I had in mind.

Any chance of pictures, especially of the bed setup when the seats are still in place.
Regards to all,
John - (2005 2.0HDi with Modutop roof, mini camper).

I will try for photos when the weather improves to take pictures.
(04-10-2016, 08:33 AM)ghost123uk Wrote:  
(03-10-2016, 08:28 PM)Martianflips Wrote:  One thing I may do, once I get the templates sorted and the right suckers, is knock out sets of blinds to anyone who wants them.

I'll have a set Smile

Yep - I'd have a set too - just found this thread while looking for "blinds" for my peuegot partner (same as berlingo).. thought about making them - but cost of suckers and material quite high and don't want to make any errors along the way-- would rather pay and buy something proven -- but cannot find anything.  Prefer "stealth" /black  ie not silver screen which tells everyone around there is someone sleeping in the vehicle