Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexia 3 DIY
(16-05-2016, 06:29 PM)geoff Wrote:  Didn't think XP was around when 64 bit started ??? ......

anyway Diagbox will work on 64 bit W7 but don't think it does W10 yet ( mine won't ).

Diagbox will work 64bit. Lexia will work only 32bit.

Best regards,
brajomobil
I dont really understand it all to be truthful. Whats the difference between lexia 3, diagbox and PP2000? which do I use to activate the cruise and radio AUX and have I got everything I need from that ebay purchase.

On the plus side the cruise stalk turned up today and the software/leads and the AUX lead have been dispatched.
Have a read of post 6 in this thread http://www.berlingoforum.co.uk/thread-13...l#pid87686
Thanks to Brajomobil for the info hope it explains it for you.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tomcat3 for this post:
  • brajomobil
Makes a bit more sense, thanks. I have managed to set up a virtual XP machine using virtualbox, seems to be 32 bit so I shall wait for the disks to arrive and take it from there.
(18-05-2016, 07:39 AM)doofer Wrote:  Would a virtual XP installation work?  I'm not sure, as I'd assume that it needs direct access to the computer's ports to access the device.  I doubt that a virtual PC would give this kind of low-level access.

Should do, you can mount them like a CD drive, I got it working with my printer anyway.
I have DiagBox running on a MacBook Pro using VirtualBox and Windows XP SP3.

The software may take a couple of installs to get working and I stopped at V7.66 as above this weird and inconsistent errors were thrown up in Windows. There is lots of info about this online and it is a combination of poor programming in both DiagBox and VirtualBox with VC++ libraries that is the problem I understand.

Be prepared for a big anti-climax. If you have used any other manufacturer's diagnostic software you will notice that the PSA offering is one of the most backward and basic pieces of software I have ever used for diagnostics.

Having said that, it has done it's job so it is functional...just!
Got this working today and I must say it was quite straight forward, it even worked on windows 10 and I now have a working cruise control. One good thing about using W10 is you can mount the iso image directly without resorting to 3rd party mounters.

I must say for £50 its great quality, various leads and connectors are all decent, the DVD has a video guide on how to install and update it. I've updated to 7.44 at the moment and that seems to work with my van, I will admit I don't understand all of it and I haven't got a clue what the other DVD is for (its full of lexia/pp2000 stuff) but if I can get the cruise control working then anyone can.

I'm now going to try and find out how to activate the AUX next, I've already managed to "install" a radio messing about with it but it still seems to work ok.
Hi Peter,

Please keep us posted, I'm particularly interested in how to turn on a aux on the rd4 using diagbox.

Well done, getting this far, it took me much longer, as I installed lexia and pp then later I installed diagbox which stripped out most of lexia and pp, if I'd known id of gone straight to diagbox !

Mark
No probs, there were 2 DVDs in the packet, one has the lexia stuff on it but the one I used had these on it.

[Image: eXdF6Oo7.jpg]

The video I watched is on the right and I simply mounted the iso image (2nd file) and ran the diagbox setup did similar with the update files. (edit: the video is about an hour and a half long)

There is this guide to doing the radio here

http://www.c2club.co.uk/showthread.php?2...-RD4-Units

I will try this tomorrow.
Thanks Peter

Mark

Sent from my BUSH 5 Android using Tapatalk