Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.36 Average
What's happening?
(01-11-2011, 06:18 PM)j90xxx Wrote:  The whole look of the site has changed, and don't think for the better.
Berlingo Forum looked different to the usual "run of the mill" sites out there.
Had a quality look to it.
Now looks same as the rest.

I'm really surprised at your reactions (as a forum), but i'm always asking for feedback and now i have it, i guess it is time to act upon it.

I've reverted back changes I made that i felt were optional decisions taken by me:

-Whole header area back to normal.
-Drivers Cafe back as it was.
-Do you guys prefer to have the tabs back at the top of the forum?

What i won't be changing are the new forum structures. 90% of forums remain the same, as they were.

The majority of the changes were made in the Resources and Problems and Faults sections. As you know, we are in quite a difficult position of potentially having the Berlingo Van, Multispace and Pug Partner, each with their MK1, MK2, and MK3 variants. As a result, streamlining these sections was something i had wanted to achieve. The previous set up wasn't working, people weren't naturally posting in the correct sections.

Any ambiguity has now hopefully been minimised; plus it should be easier to for members to navigate to solved problems, and to also view resources. For example, there were 4 Resources forums, totalling around 30 threads in content. It wasn't being used buried away in a sub of a sub forum, and it wasn't an effective way of setting a structure. Replacing whole forums with one stuck thread is an effective way getting information to people.

(01-11-2011, 07:41 PM)philip Wrote:  I prefered the name "Coffee lounge"

As above, it is back.

(01-11-2011, 10:33 PM)Tutchi Wrote:  preferred as it was. To me it had a more homely look where as now it is more clinical.:eek:

Tutchi

All that has really changed now, looks wise, is the new lines. I've tried to inject some organisation into this site, for the sake of members and staff, and i hope you (& others) are not misinterpreting that as clinical. I've tried to push the site towards a stronger community involvement, and at the same time a more effective resource.

Any issues, come back at me.
Want Help with the Forum? Read Help Documents Here

[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Andre for this post:
  • ron, XTR
I can see what you've done Andre. Hopefully, as you say, this will make it easier for visitors & new members to find their way around. I suppose that we were all used to the way things were and where to find them. You know that old farts get stuck in their ways and don't like change !!!

I'll admit I had some reservations when I looked in a couple of times yesterday, but the speed at which things have been changing over the past few days made me think that perhaps there were technical problems.

I'd like to think that we already have a strong community involvement, but if this can be improved then I suppose that's a bonus.
Guys.
I think that everything is ok in interface.
Looking better now, Andre.
Think I must have caught it during "Work In Progress".:fish:
agreed , its not a critisism Andre. just as old farts and being used to what we all began with, we dont like change. As one of the early birds , so to speak, on the forum I just got used to it as it was, however I appreciate things have to move on to progress.
Cheers Andre for it all.
Pete
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
Just my thoughts Andre Smile
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
Would it be possible to have the view unread posts link back?
Now an ex Berlingo owner, I have a C4
2010 (B9) Berlingo Multispace XTR HDi 112 - Kyanos Blue
Previously - 2002 (M49) Berlingo Multispace 2.0 HDi Diesel - Arctic Steel
LOOKS GOOD NOW.......HA HA ...FUNNY BUNCH "BERLINGOIUNS"
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny: