Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.17 Average
MISFIRE
[/b][b]ok folks daft question but how do you get to the spark plugs what do i have to remove to change them ???? :brickwall:
OK, this is your 1.4i Mouldyspace?

Look behind the rocker cover, for the long black rectangular coil pack - it sits about two inches tall and is almost long as the cylinder head. It's got a black or grey squarish multiplug in the middle - remove this first.

Now look at each end of the coil pack and you'll notice a threaded stud with a 10mm hex near the top of it - remove these two studs.

The coil pack can now be lifted up and tilted forwards at the same time to remove from the head. Don't allow it to drop on the floor - they're fragile. The spark plug tubes can now be felt - you ideally need a socket with universal on the end, and then a wobble bar to finish off.

Apply a little synthetic grease or dielectric grease to the spark plug insulator tips when refitting, so the coil pack boots slip fully over the plugs.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to addo for this post:
  • jack
if it's as easy as that i'll do it tomorrow when i looked at it i thought the throttle body would require removal ???
(15-03-2013, 04:21 PM)jack Wrote:  if it's as easy as that i'll do it tomorrow when i looked at it i thought the throttle body would require removal ???

ok bit the bullet and learned sowt new today ive changed the plugs on the berlingo easy enough when you know how Thanks to ADDO however the misfire is still there any suggestions ?????
misfire fixed woooohooo changed the coil pack what a difference
Does help; you can see on Lexia when they're duff as each coil fires two cylinders and the response times become very different.
one or two other little problems to sort out then the berlingo should be fine fingers crossed