Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Looking for AUX/3.5mm jack plug
I have inadvertently damaged my AUX socket on my Berlingo van, it is the one that is located underneath the stereo and also doubles as a little storage tray. Can anyone point in the direction for getting one, part number maybe even. I have looked on Citroen Service but must be doing something wrong as I cant find it.

I know you can get them from the dealer but they will charge a bit for it so am looking elsewhere at the moment.

thanks for any help you guys may be able to offer, I am not a forum newbie just new on this one..
Hello Steve welcome to the forum good to have you with us i'm sure you will find some thing like that on the bay of e or amozon  Smile
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Steve, you need to determine what sort of jack socket it is. Many these days are soldered on to a printed circuit board (for cheapness and convenience) while others are still the traditional panel sockets with a couple of wires going to them. If you have a small soldering iron neither are difficult to replace but damaging the p c b type may have damaged the board also. So you need to take a look.
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
Can you post a picture along with your Year and model?
yeah will do, I actually went into a Citroen dealership, and this is what they said..they can only provide me with the Aux socket that incorporates the USB / 3.5mm jack plug in it..nothing else..they cant do the storage container it sits in and said the wiring loom may or may not be attached to the main harness. I even showed them one that was fitted to one of my other fleet Berlingo's identical vehicle spec in every way same reg except for the last digit..So go figure that one guys, if the Citroen dealership I went to cant provide me everything to do this then I am realising that it may be difficult to get elsewhere..Scratching me head here..i know on the back on the Radio the bottom left hand plug is where the cable goes for the plug I am after and the right would go to a CD Changer, I know this cas I have dabbled a bit on my old BMW radio as I upgraded from cassette E46 model to CD Radio with Changer..so am confused Dot Com
Berlingo Van 63 plate so fairly new people..
Is it anything in this diagram?

[Image: usb.jpg]
sorry it isn't, and that was the same diagram that the citroen dealer had aswell, hence why he couldnt find it for me neither
Is it this one, if not can you post a picture?

[Image: usbsocket.jpg]
That's a smart mp3 aux socket is the radio in the picture a clarion rd3 I think its called. I would be interested to see the plug on the end of the lead if you have one.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace