Thread Rating:
  • 33 Vote(s) - 3.45 Average
Mpg Berlingo multispace 1.6hdi diesel
Hi

I have just bought my 2006 Berlingo and was on the assumption that it would do 50mpg?

Its looking more like 42.00 pr gallon, I am a bit dissapointed because my Renault Clio did 50 something a gallon.

I think the tank takes 13gallon. I would be surprised if the 1.9 does more!

I've just bought a 2007 (56 reg) 1.6 Hdi. I've fuelled it 4 times, and done about 1300 miles, but so far I am averaging roughly 55 mpg. Early days yet, though.
You should check things like tyre pressure, the air filter, a/c on(?), these things will have an effect on your MPG.
Want Help with the Forum? Read Help Documents Here

Quote:You should check things like tyre pressure, the air filter, a/c on(?), these things will have an effect on your MPG.

And if you want a longer list of ways to improve MPG, you might find this page helpful:

http://ecomodder.com/forum/EM-hypermilin...riving.php

Most of them are over the top, but there are some helpful hints there.
remember your clio is a much smaller car, less wind resistance etc etc and it depends where and how you drive your berlingo. not sure if yours is mk 2 or mk 3 , mk 2 is slightly better as one would expect....its not so large. I get on average 47 ish up and down a 1000ft mountain side, on a dual carriageway i get 50. as long as i`m not racing........mk 3......
and as stated tyres/ fuel/ serviced regularly all help.
AND mainly a light right foot...........
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to pch for this post:
  • Dizzydi
My 1.6HDI does 52-55 most of the time.Wink
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to eame64 for this post:
  • Dizzydi
Just done 510 miles in my MK1 2.0HDI 95% motorway sticking to 70, got 48.5 mpg Big Grin
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to steve valentine for this post:
  • Dizzydi
(24-03-2011, 10:53 AM)Dizzydi Wrote:  Hi

I have just bought my 2006 Berlingo and was on the assumption that it would do 50mpg?

Its looking more like 42.00 pr gallon, I am a bit dissapointed because my Renault Clio did 50 something a gallon.

I think the tank takes 13gallon. I would be surprised if the 1.9 does more!

Hi Dizzydi,if you have the 1.9 engine fitted 42.0 is about right.A friend of mine was a fireman,they ran the 1.9 alongside the 2.0hdi and the 2.0 hdi consistently returned high 40's while the 1.9 were usually under 40 mpg.I myself have run the 2.0 hdi and 50+ was normal.At present i have a 2008 1.6 vtr,this struggles to achieve 50 mpg,it's usually high 40's.As someone else mentioned tyre presures are critical as is servicing.Also the Michelin energy tyres if fitted will give you extra mpg i have found.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to steve for this post:
  • Dizzydi
Steve, Don't know what the connection is between being a fireman and owning/running a Berlingo but taking Dizzydi's point, just think of the size difference between a fart-box of a Clio and a sizeable muscle motor like a Berlingo.

Bound to use just a little bit more fuel I would have thought....

P.P.S. We went from a 1.9D 306 Hatch to a 2.0HDI Berlingo and I think the 'lingo is better on fuel economy if I keep control of my right foot. I still love the old 1.9 non-turbo'ed 306
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
(25-03-2011, 04:10 PM)andy-womble Wrote:  Steve, Don't know what the connection is between being a fireman and owning/running a Berlingo but taking Dizzydi's point, just think of the size difference between a fart-box of a Clio and a sizeable muscle motor like a Berlingo.

Bound to use just a little bit more fuel I would have thought....

P.P.S. We went from a 1.9D 306 Hatch to a 2.0HDI Berlingo and I think the 'lingo is better on fuel economy if I keep control of my right foot. I still love the old 1.9 non-turbo'ed 306

I wasn't trying to make a connection to a fireman,merely trying to give a comparison from someone who drove both vehicles on a regular basis.So was able to give a knowledgeable comparison.