Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Multiple Warranty Jobs
My Bingo van has just passed it's 3 year point and flew through it's MOT. I got it at 17k.

At 23k ish I noticed a noisey cam belt tensioner sound.- New cambelt and tensioner fitted but no new water pump. The inspection report said there was rust in the cambelt area. Supposedly the water pump was ok.

At 36k noticeable oil leak - new oil pump fitted. June this year.

At 43K, I went back saying I could hear the cam belt tensioner on cold mornings and another oil leak!! - Garage says nothing wrong with cam belt tensioner - watch this space. Oil leak was leak from power steering up!!! New power steering pump fitted.

The vehicle runs well and I'm generally happy with the veh but I have my concerns. Do I keep, do I get rid? Opinions welcome...
Hey RocketVANman
It´s hard to say if you should keep it or not. Some cars runs forever without doing anything and some cars always have something wrong with them.
i can say i am having issues with my bingo van aswell. The car is 3 years old i have had it for a while now and it has done about 28K.

i have had rust on both the passenger side door and the driver side door, at the same place on both doors. Were the rubber door seal meets with the door, right under were the speaker in the door is mounted.

I have a rattle from the suspenssion on the front right side when i drive over bumps at slow speeds.

in the morning, it doesent matter if it is hot or cold i have a sound that i think is comming from the auxiliator belt

and last night i saw that there was an oil leak under the car aswell, have to call the repair shop in the beginning of next week, it looks like the oil is comming both from the right and left side of the engine. Looks expensive... :censored:

So, i too are having concerns if i should keep it or not. if it keeps this up how will it be when its 6-7 years old and have done 150-160K ?
I do like the car though, fun to drive and practical. But i do think there is funnier ways to spend money then having the car fixxed. I have only had Volvo 740/940 before i bought this van and if seen to money vs value the volvo is winning the fight, atleast for now.