Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.6 Average
Mutlispace newbie - but not new to french!
Hello all, I'm finchy, i am a moderator on the 406 coupe club. I spend my spare time servicing and maintaining HDi's for other members on there. I own 2 x 406 coupes, one HDi and one V6.

I've just picked up this little beauty as a run around, thought it would be handy to transport my mountain bikes etc.

[Image: DSC_0058.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0057.jpg]

She's a 2.0 HDi Desire, 92k on the clock, 55 plate.
Welcome !
Nice motor
It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
Hi Finchy, looks like just the job for a runaround, and you'll have no problems getting the bike in the back, it takes seconds to drop the rear seats, I usually just take the front wheel off the bike though Smile
I love the 406 coupe. Beautiful cars.
Hello Finchy,

I was on the 406oc for a while when Mrs Coco had one.

Welcome to ours and please join in
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

(07-12-2012, 01:29 PM)nicebiscuit Wrote:  I love the 406 coupe. Beautiful cars.

Some eye candy for you...

The V6
[Image: Tewkesbury-20120819-00279.jpg]
[Image: Tewkesbury-20120819-00280.jpg]

The 190BHP re-mapped HDi
[Image: DSCF0121.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0120.jpg]
[Image: DSCF0071.jpg]
5 stars awarded in all departments
Hello Finchy

I notice that you failed to point out that your HDi coupe is one of the fastest & best maintained examples in circulation... (I'm an ex 406 estate owner).

Any plans for the Berlingo or is it just going to be a workhorse?
2000/X Peugeot 406 110 HDi LX Family 93k to 2000/W BMW 530D SE Auto 84k to 2003/03 Peugeot Partner Escapade 95k

Standard so far

[Image: Signature.jpg]
(11-12-2012, 12:58 PM)waue1978 Wrote:  Hello Finchy

I notice that you failed to point out that your HDi coupe is one of the fastest & best maintained examples in circulation... (I'm an ex 406 estate owner).

Any plans for the Berlingo or is it just going to be a workhorse?

Haha, hi mate fancy seeing you here! For once you will probably be helping me! Small world this Frence car ownership hey? Big Grin

The Berlingo will just be a workhorse, or thats the plan, i didn't expect to find such a good example for such a small price though, it's already had a thorough service, new number plates, upgraded front speakers, a connects2 ipod interface and Internal valet. So already i have fallen foul of the goal!
(11-12-2012, 06:47 PM)finchy Wrote:  Haha, hi mate fancy seeing you here! For once you will probably be helping me!

I'll try to where I can. Haven't done amassive amount with mine, but most things seem relatively simple. Could certainly do with a bit more get up & go, although motorways on windy days are already a bit exciting.

(11-12-2012, 06:47 PM)finchy Wrote:  The Berlingo will just be a workhorse, or thats the plan, i didn't expect to find such a good example for such a small price though, it's already had a thorough service, new number plates, upgraded front speakers, a connects2 ipod interface and Internal valet. So already i have fallen foul of the goal!

They do seem to be a lot cheaper now than they were when I was looking 6 months ago, but my main headache was that it had to have air conditioning & there don't seem to be a huge number of Berlingos or Partners with that. Even the Mk3s don't have it as standard until you get to the top spec models.

You'll find that a lot of bits from the 406s can be used on these. They have the same silly small offset on the wheels, so if you've still got a set of standard alloys from the coupes, they should go straight on. I put my Alpine door speakers that I had in the 406 into the doors & the tweeters in the dash are identical. The rear speakers are the same size as in the 406 estate rear pillars, but I couldn't get the smaller Alpines in the Partner as the magnet is too big. Got my eyes out for a set of JBLs from an Executive estate.
2000/X Peugeot 406 110 HDi LX Family 93k to 2000/W BMW 530D SE Auto 84k to 2003/03 Peugeot Partner Escapade 95k

Standard so far

[Image: Signature.jpg]