Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Berlingo
Hi all,

I've enjoyed reading through the forum, and really like this!

Some pictures of my car after cleaning. It was a rainy day, so I did not wipe it dry. I always use rainwater to wash & hose the car. Just let it dry in the air, and no stains!

Walter Criel

1.6 BlueHDI 100pk S+S Berlingo Feel edition

Looking good there and on a sunny day it will sparkle ! I almost never wash my white van ...............

I used to wash my wife's car in work on a weekend using warm DI water ( deionised water ) and used to think hang the expense as the firm was paying. The water was processed to be so pure as to be used for silicon wafer chip manufacture and had a resistivity of 18.2 Meg -Ohms - so pure that electricity doesn't conduct through it.
With DI water there are no streaks or smears ever with no need to wipe it down !

Unfortunately that perk has gone for good and now I too use rain water and of course the chamois leather.

Welcome to the Forum and hope you enjoy it.
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Serieal Berlingo owner  Heart Heart Heart
I lived in Hants for a number of years and the water certainly tastes different down that way, was glad to move back as I was concerned about getting kidney stones as going to the loo gave a funny sensation ................
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

(11-02-2016, 09:58 AM)geoff Wrote:  I lived in Hants for a number of years and the water certainly tastes different down that way, was glad to move back as I was concerned about getting kidney stones as going to the loo gave a funny sensation ................

The older you get down here, the lead in your pencil slowly gets changed to chalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Previous Berlingo: 2015 1.6 L1850 90ps In Artic Steel inc Look Pack and Lighting Pack.

Previous Berlingo: K9 2018 Driver M 100ps in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack

Current Berlingo: 2021 K9 Driver M Pro 130ps EAT8 in Platinum Grey with Safety Pack
Hmmmm a bone where there wasn't before ............
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

Yes, it is a legal requirement, so this one was mounted by the dealer. They're sold with bracket to easy-mount in the car (see the picture below).  Costs about 15€. And yes, they have been proven life-savers, although a 1 kg extiguisher is empty before you know ...
You just have to remenber to check the 'valid-untill' date before the MOT, otherwise it's a fail if they are outdated.

http://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/Brandblusser...X3jWs2Jtwg

Walter Criel

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to wwcrie for this post:
  • doofer
Hello wwcrie welcome to the forum tidy looking berlingo i like the colour  Cool
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

(11-02-2016, 09:58 AM)geoff Wrote:  I lived in Hants for a number of years and the water certainly tastes different down that way, was glad to move back as I was concerned about getting kidney stones as going to the loo gave a funny sensation ................

Did you know your less likely to have an heart attack in hard water area .
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Yes but it doesn't go with my live fast die young philosophy .................... anyway softer water washes your hair in amuch nicer way and is cheaper on shampoo ! .........
2007 M59 1.6 HDi 

All,
thanks for the kind welcome words!
Walter
Walter Criel