Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 3.21 Average
New Berlingo
Picked up new XTR today ,Persamos Grey, Its obviously early days in this Berlingo relationship but really enjoyed drive home long way round through Cairngorms - handled well especially considering frost shattered tarmac and potholes - a lingering legacy from last winter. We managed the dizzy heights of 12 c early afternoon and am sitting here with woodburner on - We seem to be down from 4 to 2 seasons here! Must go and look at that car again!
I was the same way when I picked mine up last year. Enjoy :wave:
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

(23-07-2011, 08:05 PM)scotsron Wrote:  Picked up new XTR today ,Persamos Grey, Its obviously early days in this Berlingo relationship but really enjoyed drive home long way round through Cairngorms - handled well especially considering frost shattered tarmac and potholes - a lingering legacy from last winter. We managed the dizzy heights of 12 c early afternoon and am sitting here with woodburner on - We seem to be down from 4 to 2 seasons here! Must go and look at that car again!

Glad you enjoy the new XTR. I'm sure it will cope with your extreme Wintry conditions up North
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
(26-07-2011, 12:22 PM)taxi Wrote:  
(23-07-2011, 08:05 PM)scotsron Wrote:  Picked up new XTR today ,Persamos Grey, Its obviously early days in this Berlingo relationship but really enjoyed drive home long way round through Cairngorms - handled well especially considering frost shattered tarmac and potholes - a lingering legacy from last winter. We managed the dizzy heights of 12 c early afternoon and am sitting here with woodburner on - We seem to be down from 4 to 2 seasons here! Must go and look at that car again!

Glad you enjoy the new XTR. I'm sure it will cope with your extreme Wintry conditions up North

It will do when you fit winter tyres.Otherwise prepare to slip and slide!

Had my XTR (in black) just over a year now,and it still makes me smile when I look at it.
Now considering fitting a front bull bar.

2010 XTR in black with bells and whistles

[Image: 5A50i.jpg]
Thanks Taxi - 2 wheels purchased - waiting for winter tyres to come in September .Good to hear you are still smiling 1 year on ! Its a bloody pheasant bar I need -just hope Berlingo bumpers are stronger than wife's fiesta which came of worse than the pheasant !
(03-08-2011, 04:44 PM)scotsron Wrote:  Thanks Taxi - 2 wheels purchased - waiting for winter tyres to come in September .Good to hear you are still smiling 1 year on ! Its a bloody pheasant bar I need -just hope Berlingo bumpers are stronger than wife's fiesta which came of worse than the pheasant !

Don't forget rear wheels benefit from winter tyres as well!
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.
I thought that as the car is specced with Michelin Latitude Tour tyres they would be all right for the rear but now you have got me thinking about getting all 4 .The steel wheels are not that expensive and the winter tyres are obviously saving wear on the others for 5 months of the year.
(04-08-2011, 04:35 PM)scotsron Wrote:  I thought that as the car is specced with Michelin Latitude Tour tyres they would be all right for the rear but now you have got me thinking about getting all 4 .The steel wheels are not that expensive and the winter tyres are obviously saving wear on the others for 5 months of the year.

Steel rims aren't a fortune, I've priced up some michellin alpin at £71 each or kleber quadraxer at £61 each
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to steve valentine for this post:
  • scotsron