Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie advice
Hi guys just bought my first lingo multispace after getting a new job what requires traveling so got to get rid of my trusty Jimny, few questions, it's a 2.0 hdi 03 plate, want to get it remapped, anywhere local to derby/Nottingham? Also want to lower it but not sure what kit to buy and want decat pipe, anyone sell them or easy enough to cut and shut?

Sorry for all the questions just need a bit of advice. Cheers
Surly someone can give me some advice?
You can get a remap and de cat if you look at lighty post on here he's the man to do it for you on the front suspension it's the 306 you can use coil over's or just lowering spring's on the back it's a bigger job torsion bar you have to take it apart an move the spline to make it lower a big job and could well be rusted solid it mite be best to get a recond rear axle off ebay it would make life easy to pull apart and adjust HTH  Smile
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

(10-05-2015, 09:12 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  You can get a remap and de cat

You can't decat. It'll fail the MOT for a start. Remap isn't a problem. Decat is an instant fail.

I'm glad. I'd prefer my air cleaner.

It appears some on here don't give a a s**t, and keep giving duff advice to people to decat, and disable EGR and DPF systems.

Well, I hope you all get caught if you do and it costs you a f**king fortune to put right, I really do. Some of us give a s**t about the pollution and air quality, which in case you hadn't heard, has become a real problem in some places recently. Why? Diesel fumes..

If you're not prepared to have a diesel car and keep it properly maintained, you should have one. Simple.

Now I'm out of here because I've seen too much of this ill-advised bollocks time and time again on here.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
2004 Multispace Desire HDi - "Bertie"
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to mikep1973 for this post:
  • andy-womble
HO YES YOU CAN  Wink DE CAT / DPF / FAP AND DELETE EGR BY BY PREACHER BY BY LOL and please don't swear it does not become you we won't come down to your level but if you try you can come up to our's your welcome

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Jed Clampit for this post:
  • Jamie Hurst
(11-05-2015, 04:20 PM)Jed Clampit Wrote:  HO YES YOU CAN  Wink  DE CAT / DPF / FAP AND DELETE EGR BY BY PREACHER BY BY  LOL and please don't swear it does not become you we won't come down to your level but if you try you can come up to our's your welcome

Some people ? cheers for the advice, going to try and strip rear axel down and have a bash first, going to take it to hdi-tuning I think for a remap, they seem highly rated, does a decat pipe exist or is it a cut and shut job? Cheers
You can take it apart and take centre out your self just look on youtube to see how it's done

The torsion bars arent too bad to do tbh. One of mine was seized solid so I gave up! Hope it comes out fine for you though!

I used to do remapping, in my experience, with DPFs anyway, it's a visual check at MOT time, and with the insides removed makes next to no difference on emissions.
2006 Citroen Berlingo 1.9 D - 69 BHP
1994 Renault Clio 1.8 16v - 212 BHP
1993 Renault Clio 1.8 RSi - 110 BHP

"There is no replacement for displacement"
The torsion bars arent too bad to do tbh. One of mine was seized solid so I gave up! Hope it comes out fine for you though!

I used to do remapping, in my experience, with DPFs anyway, it's a visual check at MOT time, and with the insides removed makes next to no difference on emissions
2006 Citroen Berlingo 1.9 D - 69 BHP
1994 Renault Clio 1.8 16v - 212 BHP
1993 Renault Clio 1.8 RSi - 110 BHP

"There is no replacement for displacement"