Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.09 Average
Is it me......?
My apologies to one and all for i am guilty of this lapse of manners
i had had such a gruelling time with citroen uk that this forum seemed a godsend. unfortunately my usaul courtesy was subsumed by my frustrations

Very best wishrs to you all

jon
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to jonnybikes for this post:
  • ron, taxi
I agree entirely with the sentiments expressed here.
Having been a member/moderator on a number of different forums on a wide variety of subjects in the last few years I have come across this problem frequently.

People who merely use their PC as a tool tend not to get personally involved with other people on the Internet. They switch their machine on, find out
what they need to know and switch the machine off. Their argument is that, to them, the 'Net is like a reference library; you go in find a book with
the required information, read it. Job Done. You're not expected to contact the author of the book and thank him personally.

Others don't understand how to correctly interact with forums and don't realise that there are guidelines that really should be observed.

Unfortunately there are also a great many ill-mannered people out there too. We all come across them in RL, there's nothing you can do.

On one forum which I moderated, a visitor had to register to get to any information and prior to that could only read a guide to forum use and access
an 'Introductions' forum. Any request for information in the 'Intro' forum would be deleted. (Or if there was a mod. about with a little time, the post would be edited.)
Once the visitor had posted in the 'Introductions' forum he could then access the whole forum.
Some forum software has various options which allow this.
Hmmmm......long post! Hope I haven't bored you all! Rolleyes
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
what really annoys me is the no feedback, like people take the time to write a solution to your problem, they could at least let them know if it worked!
I guess i was guilty of this, and offer my apologies if it was so. In my defence I was pretty focussed on finding a fix for my problem and a little embarrassed and afraid I had just bought a pig in a poke! I must say tho that my plea for help gained a very supportive and informative response from rustcrat for which I am very grateful. Smile Now i am a convert to this forum and agree with the sentiments expressed about its friendliness and knowledge.
Thank you and tally ho.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to mrbritse for this post:
  • ron, taxi
I've just found a 2 week old message from a forum member who had gone out of his way to advise me on a wing-mirror problem. After posting it, I had a really horrible series of unfortunate events, plus computer problems & no internet for a while! Just managed to get back on here, so I'll bet he thought i was an ignorant so & so! Confusedillyme: I know when I reply to someone on a forum, I like some feedback, but I suppose you never know what is going on in peoples' lives? Although some of em will simply be rude people!
2001 Silver Multispace 1.9D

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you ever tried!
Yes, there can be times when life overtakes us and other things have to go on the back burner. I think we all understand when that happens and that people will acknowledge when things have settled and they have the time
I think many people myself included search for a forum when we have a problem ,looking for answers. I don't consider this rude behaviour, disrespectful perhaps if you don't introduce yourself. Its the old please and thank you thing just good manners, and to the Op's original question, yes it is an old fart thing :-)
Thought this was worth a Bump, as I was guilty of not answering people when I first joined! Plus just wanted to say that I've been lurking on the forum a lot - and learning a lot which has helped me sort out a few problems - so I'll take this opportunity to say Thank you very much, to all those who share their expertise and experiences.
Richard.
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to CandR for this post:
  • andy-womble, ron
Talos, where in Wales are you, north or south?
Pete
2010 artic silver VTR with EXTRAS.......Confusedunny:
(10-05-2012, 06:38 PM)pch Wrote:  Talos, where in Wales are you, north or south?
Pete

West, by the sea near the Pembroke border.