Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.63 Average
Odd Engine light
I know I will have to get the codes read to get to the bottom of this one but if anyone could shed a bit of light I'd be grateful.

We were on holiday last week and my wife forgot her phone charger so we got an incar charger. She tried to use it and plugged it in to one of the outlets in the modutop. About 5 seconds later the engine warning light came on. It refused to go off immediately she unplugged it and even stayed on for a while after we stopped and started the engine again. I did unplug the MAF sensor just as a panic thing to do and then left the car for 10 minutes and since then all seems ok.

So coincidence that plugging in the charger caused the fault? It works alright in the sockets in the front of the car and I haven't had the courage to plug it back into the rear outlet.
Malc

Stupid computer!
Security system should not fail safe!
Security system should fail dangerous!
That is a strange one and cant really see how a phone charger could do that, i would be curious to plug it in again to see if light comes back on just to eliminate the charger or not otherwise you could be worrying like mad on other hand if it doesnt illuminate again i wouldnt worry too much about it unless it stays on all time and causes power loss.
(10-06-2012, 10:15 PM)BerlingoHDI Wrote:  That is a strange one and cant really see how a phone charger could do that, i would be curious to plug it in again to see if light comes back on just to eliminate the charger or not otherwise you could be worrying like mad on other hand if it doesnt illuminate again i wouldnt worry too much about it unless it stays on all time and causes power loss.

No power loss as far as I could see, mind you we were only doing about 50 at the time and it is the 1.9D. I think I will bite the bullet and plug it into the rear socket.
Malc

Stupid computer!
(11-06-2012, 07:49 AM)crickleymal Wrote:  
(10-06-2012, 10:15 PM)BerlingoHDI Wrote:  That is a strange one and cant really see how a phone charger could do that, i would be curious to plug it in again to see if light comes back on just to eliminate the charger or not otherwise you could be worrying like mad on other hand if it doesnt illuminate again i wouldnt worry too much about it unless it stays on all time and causes power loss.

No power loss as far as I could see, mind you we were only doing about 50 at the time and it is the 1.9D. I think I will bite the bullet and plug it into the rear socket.

Give it a try mate and let us know what happens, maybe it was just having an off day
Surely the light was having an on day not an,off day..... Lol
(11-06-2012, 07:24 PM)northants_guy Wrote:  Surely the light was having an on day not an,off day..... Lol

Confusedillyme: :thumbsup:
(11-06-2012, 07:24 PM)northants_guy Wrote:  Surely the light was having an on day not an,off day..... Lol

Consider yourself roundly thwapped across the back of the head. Big Grin
Malc

Stupid computer!