Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paint codes and paint supplies
Hello All, Need to do a bit of repair work need some paint. Local car accessory shops don't seem to keep my colour. Blue pearlescent code KMHC**. Any idea where to source some paint and also being pearlescent I wonder if any one knows the right base colour.
Regards Huddie.
Hi. You told 'a bit'. How much exactly do you need ?
Hello everyone,  on the subject of paint codes, does any one know how I find the code for the side runners, wing mirrors etc?  They are painted a sort of silver grey whereas the main paint colour for the car is iron grey.  I found the code for the latter on the label by the door and also the Citroen garage confirmed it when they checked it out via my registration number.  They were unable to tell me the secondary colour though so I am totally at a loss as to how to identify it.  Any suggestions??
Angelp
(02-03-2016, 01:07 PM)angelp Wrote:  Hello everyone,  on the subject of paint codes, does any one know how I find the code for the side runners, wing mirrors etc?  They are painted a sort of silver grey whereas the main paint colour for the car is iron grey.  I found the code for the latter on the label by the door and also the Citroen garage confirmed it when they checked it out via my registration number.  They were unable to tell me the secondary colour though so I am totally at a loss as to how to identify it.  Any suggestions??

hunch is Lion Grey, so perhaps research this colour to see if it rings true. Do you have a picture of your car showing the contrast (if any) of the body colour and this body mouldings/ side runners?
2012(62) XTR 1.6 92bhp Airdream Modutop
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to patch for this post:
  • angelp
(02-03-2016, 03:56 PM)patch Wrote:  
(02-03-2016, 01:07 PM)angelp Wrote:  Hello everyone,  on the subject of paint codes, does any one know how I find the code for the side runners, wing mirrors etc?  They are painted a sort of silver grey whereas the main paint colour for the car is iron grey.  I found the code for the latter on the label by the door and also the Citroen garage confirmed it when they checked it out via my registration number.  They were unable to tell me the secondary colour though so I am totally at a loss as to how to identify it.  Any suggestions??

hunch is Lion Grey, so perhaps research this colour to see if it rings true. Do you have a picture of your car showing the contrast (if any) of the body colour and this body mouldings/ side runners?
Thanks for that suggestion, Patch.  Will check it out.  I can take a photo tomorrow showing the contrast then see if I succeed in posting it on the forum!
Angelp
The mouldings and mirrors would be the same colour as the rest of the car unless someone had them painted and it would be easier to take them back to the original colour of the bodywork unless you take them in and get them matched at a paint supplier with a spectrophotometer.
So where does this bit go then ?
If you have a search for an auto paint supplier in your area they will be able to match the colour and usually able to make up a touch up can or aerosol to your spec.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tomcat3 for this post:
  • angelp