Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Passenger windows
Hello to all.

I am considering purchasing and installing the following custom-made windows:

http://www.vanwindowsdirect.co.uk/view-p...in-privacy

I would like to have feedback here in the forum, from someone who has installed them...how difficult it is etc. Since I am living in a different country, I would have to install them myself...

Cheers.
Hello Luis at that price you could have all the rear window's sliding door's back by a pro window tinter and look just as good have a look on the net I'm sure you will find one all done well you wait with out getting your hand's dirty .
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

I see what you are after, the centre section of the window has a sliding section thereby opening it to fresh air. A good idea if you carry rear passengers frequently. Can't see a problem in fitting as they are all bolted in without being bonded, but the picture in the link doesn't show any holes which make me think they are intended to fit to van doors by bonding once the window opening is cut out of the door? So probably not suitable for multi space.
I think they have to be bonded (glued) to the van upon installation. At least is what I can deduce from the description. The old ones, the mounts and the rubbers go out, and these are glued in place. These are specific for the B9 model, and have this sliding mechanism, that lets you "open" the rear windows, this is not about tinting or making the windows darker. Actually this may also be a question, if the tinting on these will match the original tinting that my peugeot brings. You can see that the shape, is exactly the same as the original windows. Unfortunately none of you has tried them yet...my fear is that the bonding can get complicated, hence the question. But yes, it would be nice to have such type of windows, specially for stopping the kids complaints...
Think you will find that they are designed for the van. They require a hole to be cut out, then the new window is bonded in.
Ah I see do you know I never noticed the sliding part doh ?? ? ?
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy