Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ply linning templates
I am out is australia were berlingo parts are nearly un heard of and i am trying to insulate ply line the inside of the van to cut some on the heat down, Buying a ply kit is not posable so was wondering if anyone has seen any templates on the internet? i have yet to find one i can down load? it is for a 2005 box van with no side doors.

Many thanks
(08-01-2017, 10:43 PM)charllieuk Wrote:  I am out is australia were berlingo parts are nearly un heard of and i am trying to insulate ply line the inside of the van to cut some on the heat down, Buying a ply kit is not posable so was wondering if anyone has seen any templates on the internet? i have yet to find one i can down load? it is for a 2005 box van with no side doors.

Many thanks

If you can't get ply templates try using large pieces of card once you get them right for one side you might be able to turn and use on other side hope this helps
2012 XTR Berlingo 1.6 hdi e semi auto wicked red
2016 Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Tekna manual Ink Blue 
Ive seen the ply kits on ebay from time to time.
If you search UK ebay there are Berlingo mk1 ply lining kits listed but probably cost too much to ship to Oz. Also worth pointing out that UK vans are ply lined for protection, ie to prevent load damaging body panels not really for heat insulation. I would have though for heat insulation a different solution would be required with insulation material glued onto inside of van.
(09-01-2017, 07:59 AM)Opensauce Wrote:  If you search UK ebay there are Berlingo mk1 ply lining kits listed but probably cost too much to ship to Oz. Also worth pointing out that UK vans are ply lined for protection, ie to prevent load damaging body panels not really for heat insulation. I would have though for heat insulation a different solution would be required with insulation material glued onto inside of van.

yes shipping a ply lining kit to auz is not going to be cost effective! If i can get some templates i have a friend who can cut them on a machine but its not looking like it may be the manual template process for me at the moment. I will use the normal kingspan style insulation and foam it in place and foil tape all the joint and then put the carpeted ply lining on the top. I have done a number of vans like this and it works well.