Thread Rating:
  • 23 Vote(s) - 2.52 Average
Pressure washer
First off-Sorry to you guys in hoseban regions-we're currently unaffected.

My 16 month old karcher has packed up after half a dozen sessions- it now sits surging,pulsing and leaking and not much washing.
Reading up this afty on t'interweb that it's a common problem with them.
Pump head has cracked (water left in during winter?-no,not guilty)
Anyway - worth repairing? -£15 to £50 to fix depending on the Diy/pro route.
I think it will almost certainly fail again as I looked after it to the book and cant do much more to prevent this.
They are less than £100 for new one and then I could offset this by ebaying the accessories.
But do I want to reward karcher for this by investing in another H.O.S.E (heap of s**t excuse) of a washer?
I looked at Nilfisk who are an amalgamation of three former leading brands.They have induction motors and 2 yr warranties.Theres a guy on ebay doing adapters for the karcher tools to fit these washers.
Any thoughts?

As for the old codger on the shopping channel flogging karchers -I would love to shove his turbo-lance right up his a nd pull the trigger.

It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
Anger management classes paid off then :eek:

He is a bit , in need of your proposal , :thumbsup:
(09-04-2012, 08:36 PM)nil by mouth Wrote:  Anger management classes paid off then :eek:

He is a bit , in need of your proposal , :thumbsup:
Now you listen,NBM-the fight will be over whose hearse he exits within.

It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
Nilfisk are good but look at the Wolf site as well.
I have a Karcher,which will run all day or until you release the trigger,them it's an hours wait before it will restart.
E mailed Karcher who said it's the thermal switch & is normal.
They couldn't understand what I was saying.I will try another make next time(this is my 3rd Karcher).
Cost cutting springs to mind.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
(09-04-2012, 09:11 PM)ron Wrote:  Nilfisk are good but look at the Wolf site as well.
I have a Karcher,which will run all day or until you release the trigger,them it's an hours wait before it will restart.
E mailed Karcher who said it's the thermal switch & is normal.
They couldn't understand what I was saying.I will try another make next time(this is my 3rd Karcher).
Cost cutting springs to mind.

Thanks ron Ive just been looking at a wolf blaster 2 -good spec for the money
and surely it would last as long as a karcher.
Also read some bad reviews on the nilfisk i was looking atRolleyes

I see you're not a million miles away..
It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
I have a Karcher which is now getting on for 10 years old,not sure which model it is,but it still works fine.
I only use it to wash under the car to clean the mud and salt away,as well as cleaning my block paved drive,garden furniture and decking.
Mind you,it didn't cost me anything,I got it on Esso points filling the truck up with diesel!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
2010 XTR in black with bells and whistles

[Image: 5A50i.jpg]
Friend told me never use for more than 20 mins continuous. Leave rest for 20 mins.
I don't think Ive had much more than 20mins total from it.
Im all googled out-there doesnt seem to be any without self destruct features built in.
Evolution Evo system looks impressive but theres no long term reviews yet and its a lot of money.
It is on my to do list.
But not right at the top

2012 Hdi75 van
check out http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/products/pr...urewashers. They thought the LAVOR TIGER STEAM deserved 5 stars in previous reviews. It even had a built-in steam cleaner for cleaning the interior.They also say in later reviews that Karcher K6.610 Beast is very good but approx £500 and that the Hozelok Heavy Duty Pressure Cleaner 150 and Bosch Aquatak Clic 125 were worth a look. I really rate the AutoExpress product reviews. Don't forget that the advances in the performance of this type of product usually improve on previous models which makes choosing the right one difficult, so really down to personal choice, but getting other folks experiences of certain models can be really beneficial.
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
I've had a Lavor for about 10 years. Used for the cars and drive mainly and apart from an O ring failure no bother at all - K.O.D. ???
Bought from Lidl and only cost about £30 from memory, it's only the basic model but has served me well