Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 2.57 Average
Quelle Horreur!!!
I feel like a traitor!!
Last week I went for a test drive in a new Merc Citan Traveller.
Ugly from the outside it certainly is but you don't notice it when you're driving!
It's very well sorted and drives extremely well. Merc. have put on new suspension all round
and entirely re-designed the interior plus they've changed some engine components.
The only fly in the ointment was that the test vehicle is the dealer's demo car and
was a 109 manual with a five speed box and if I was considering buying one it would need to
be the 110 manual with the six speed box....longer legs and generally better on a long trip. The quoted
67 odd to the gallon is also a plus. I could have bought the one I tested for £20k with the full 2 year
guarantee but I think I'll wait until a low mileage six speed is available....probably a couple of years.
You never know...Kia may bring out something worth having with their 7 year guarantee but I shan't hold my breath!!
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
It's a free world O'J,(except when you spend money).Buy what you like & enjoy.:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
Have you tried a Kangoo? I'd be interested to know how much difference there really is. Seems a hell of a big premium to pay for what is basically a slightly facelifted and updated 2008 Renault. Cynical move by MB I'd say. When Seat did this to the old Audi A4 to make the Exeo it got cheaper, not more expensive.
It is a rebadged Renault Kangoo made in the Kangoo factory in Maubeuge France. I don't think Kangoo is sold in UK in car version anymore. All UK sold cars have at least a 3yr guarantee I think but still poor compared with Kia or even Vauxhall. Car makers still offering only 3yr warranties need to up their game, I think.
I notice that the Vauxhall "Lifetime Warranty" which they were advertising on TV a short while back only lasts until the car reaches 100k miles.
Malc

Stupid computer!
Security system should not fail safe!
Security system should fail dangerous!
(08-05-2013, 09:06 AM)Opensauce Wrote:  It is a rebadged Renault Kangoo made in the Kangoo factory in Maubeuge France.....
I have heard this argument previously.
The question is: How much of a vehicle must be changed in order for it to no longer be a re-badge?
The interior is quite sumptuous and very comfy. There is very little discernible road noise and even the heater/aircon blower is very quiet when full on.
The suspension and running gear has been entirely redesigned and there are changes to engine components.

I think it's very easy to react in a negative way when one manufacturer takes a vehicle from another and makes substantial and worthwhile upgrades to it.
If it wasn't for VAG where would Skoda be now??
I don't think that Mercedes would consider marketing a vehicle that would have a negative effect on their image.
In any case everyone is entitled to their opinion and I liked it!
The Older I get the Better I Was!  Cool
Quite like the look of Fiat 500L, and there is a seven-seater 500XL being launched
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
(08-05-2013, 03:04 PM)taxi Wrote:  Quite like the look of Fiat 500L, and there is a seven-seater 500XL being launched

That is about as much a Fiat 500 as the thing BMW builds is a Mini. It's just using the name to draw people into buying an overprice oversize car because they liked the original. Nostalgia isn't what it used to be and all that.
So where does this bit go then ?
As has been mentioned a few times, it's more like an oversized Fiat Panda than 500.
Still like it no matter what the Marketing guys try to sell it as.
Former 2011 Mk3 XTR owner Confusedalut:
(08-05-2013, 09:22 AM)crickleymal Wrote:  I notice that the Vauxhall "Lifetime Warranty" which they were advertising on TV a short while back only lasts until the car reaches 100k miles.
It would be enough for most private motorists who may want to keep a car about 8-9yrs. I think if one buys a car for private use, say 10-12k miles/pa then while you would expect to pay for parts like brakes/clutches I think that a private buyer is entitled to expect no major component failure in 100k miles life of car.