Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear Fog light and reversing lights question
I have just bought a 04 plate 1.9d Berlingo van and have a few issues and Questions ?
1/ How many rear fog light should I have ? I have got one on the drivers side
2/ How many reversing lights should I have ? I have none and its not the bulbs ?
Its not the F1 Fuse either . Any pointers on where to start the fault finding ?

Also I see 2 green relays near the top of the Radiator? One has no relay plugged into it. Any idea what they are for and why would it be missing the relay ?
You should have one fog light drivers side and one reversing light on the nearside. If you know the bulb is ok check the reverse switch on the top of the gearbox I think, its just plunger type on or off and check wiring plug connection.
Without seeing the relays not sure what they are but could be to do with fan controller I know there are some near there or in the housing for the fan.
Forget what I said I was behind a berlingo this morning and it had 2 reversing lights so I had a look at mine and you have two reversing lights and two fog lights.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
All fixed. New reversing switch. A bit of a pain to get out but all working well . Thanks for the info. Great site.
My April 2014 VTR automatic is still chugging along well with 19K on the clock. But here's something I've only just noticed.

This morning I used a Halfords 12v automatic tyre inflator on my tyres. It does the job OK, if a bit noisy. I just plug it into the cigarette lighter, switch on the ignition without starting the engine, and away it goes.

I've done this job before with the same inflator, but today I saw that both the reversing lights were on although the auto dial was set at neutral.

Maybe it's always done this and I've not walked round the rear end to notice.  Has anyone else had this happen to them? And does it mean I have a problem that needs dealing with before the warranty expires next year?
(29-10-2016, 10:55 AM)rnamman Wrote:  My April 2014 VTR automatic is still chugging along well with 19K on the clock. But here's something I've only just noticed.

This morning I used a Halfords 12v automatic tyre inflator on my tyres. It does the job OK, if a bit noisy. I just plug it into the cigarette lighter, switch on the ignition without starting the engine, and away it goes.

I've done this job before with the same inflator, but today I saw that both the reversing lights were on although the auto dial was set at neutral.

Maybe it's always done this and I've not walked round the rear end to notice.  Has anyone else had this happen to them? And does it mean I have a problem that needs dealing with before the warranty expires next year?
Yup it's a warranty issue, take it back Smile