Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rear door lock
rear door lock is knackered but dont want to spend 40£ on ebay for a new lock! Is there any cheaper?
There is only one other way go to the scrappy take it out your self  Sad
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Hell folks,Im wondering if anyone has modified the rear door mechanism on a W reg (I dont know what Mk it is as Im new to berlingos)...my rear door wont open from the outside and I think the lock is busted, I had a look at it yesterday and it seem that a flimsy looking blue clip holds in a small serated rod that attatches to the outside door handle has broken..the rod looks worn also..I tried some very strong metal glue but that didnt work at all.
So I was wondering if its possible to use the old type rear door locking mechanism like used on early fords ie 2 rods fitted to a central cam operated by a outer locking handle (Ford Transit van comes to mind) that when closed the rods go into the upper door frame and floor sill...hope my description is understandable,
Regards,
Steve... Idea
Hi Steve you have a m49 mk1 berlingo but I'm pretty sure the lock is the same on the mk2 as well. Your best bet would be to get to a breakers and get a replacement lock mechanism and rods it wont cost a lot. Have a search on the forum as I'm sure there is a diagram or photos of the rear locks.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tomcat3 for this post:
  • steve johnson
(24-10-2015, 10:28 AM)Tomcat3 Wrote:  Hi Steve you have a m49 mk1 berlingo  but I'm pretty sure the lock is the same on the mk2 as well. Your best bet would be to get to a breakers and get a replacement lock mechanism and rods it wont cost a lot. Have a search on the forum as I'm sure there is a diagram or photos of the rear locks.

Thanks Tomcat...I will do just that...The mod was just a thought as I keep on reading how often these locks break for one reason or another;
Steve.
Hi Steve I was bored and surfing fleabay and came across this. Is this the part that broken on the lock mechanism. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-CITROE...xyF81SBj5z
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to Tomcat3 for this post:
  • steve johnson
(24-10-2015, 07:17 PM)Tomcat3 Wrote:  Hi Steve I was bored and surfing fleabay and came across this. Is this the part that broken on the lock mechanism. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-CITROE...xyF81SBj5z

Yes it is...thank you...£10 a bit steep I think but its what I need...Im going to check out the lock also as the key only goes in a little way but still operates although very stiff..if I can get it to work I shall send for this part...or maybe just renew all 3 locks...Thank you very much for finding this Tomcat I appreciate it,
Steve.
No problem Steve its amazing what you can find on fleabay when your bored with nothing else to do.
Just a thought if you have central locking sometimes the locks seize up because they don't get used as everyone uses the remote these days. Try a soak with penetrating oil to start with.