Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Electrical gremlins after clutch replacement
May be, I was thinking that this might have been a straight through connection for your 2nd wire. If you have good eyes there should be a number printed on both of the green wires insulation. If the numbers are, 1070, 1071, 1072, 1073 then all these are the same line and are connected together. If so join together and put these on the small stud of the MM alternator. and give it a try. Let us know what you find. :thumbsup:
2006 2.0hdi 600 with bench seat.  Cool
Ok, I'm not home today, so I'll try this tomorrow!

I also found out that my alternator is of a Peugeot, or that of an 1.1 or 1.6 Citroen, so no wonder I've been struggling to find the correct info. I guess my late 2001 is a bastard child, like the clutch I had to piece together... Smile
Quick update, the problem is now solved. The alternator was not at fault, it turned out to be a snapped wire causing the alternator not to charge. I guess the wires were so brittle that one of them snapped when I moved the harness out of the way to change the clutch.

Thanks Rustscrat and everyone else for your tips and help! :thumbsup:
[-] The following 2 users say Thank You to Hansa1100 for this post:
  • andy-womble, Rustscrat
Nice One, Thanks for letting us know. :woop:
2006 2.0hdi 600 with bench seat.  Cool
i had a clutch go and later no end of running problems after the new clutch. turns out on the flywheel rim are 2 tiny lugs that the RPM sensor takes a reading from and these had broken off when the clutch exploded. the 2 lugs are essential for good running on the diesel engine. just thought id share this
Ok, thanks. Mine is a 1.4 petrol though, the simplest engine of them all. As I said, I snapped a wire when removing the harness, but I actually have new problems now.

The new clutch was really weak and juddery, I thought the cable was worn and stretched, so I replaced it. It was fine for a few days, but soon it started to judder again. I guess the alignment must have been off, but I really don't want to to everything all over, so I guess I'll just live with it...

Anyways, I'm getting a bit tired of this car now, I'm thinking of switching to a C4 or C5...