Thread Rating:
  • 15 Vote(s) - 3.2 Average
Rear left door lock damaged
A very good day to everyone!

Moderators: If this is not the right place for the thread could you pleas move it where it should be?! Advanced apologies as is my first thread started on the forum! Hope I'll get better with time!

I've enjyed my new Enterprise van for one and 1/2 month now and just when I thought to get some lock upgrades someoane decidexd to breake into it. That was in a Tesco car park and luckly some police were on a covert operation overthere, spoted the bandits and stoped them before emptying my llovely van. Anyway, they managed to get away with 2 toolboxes and I've got a lock to fix.Confusedillyme:
The problem is I have no idea how and cant find any info on the subject. It looks like is not a lot of damage as they only pushed a screwdriver under the lock and poped the cilinder out, but I dont know if there are any missing parts. I'me quite good at puting things together if I know I have all the parts and something to get me started.
- Does anyone have/know if the Citroen Berlingo & Peugeot Partner Petrol & Diesel: 1996 to 2010 - Haynes Service and Repair Manuals is relevant for the latest Lingo?
Mine is Dec2011 and I know the new shape started in 2008?!
- Or is there a tutorial, guide or something to help me get it sort it?
Confusedtudy:
BTW the Citroen dealer wants an astronomic £ 781 for this and even through insurance will cost me 400 (exces+vat) plus the claim thing, so is a total no go.

Any help/ideas very much apreciated.
Many thanks
DonoVan
2011 Berlingo Enterprise, 1.6 HDi, 92, L1, 850, manual, Euro5
Electric heated-folding mirrors, air-con, cruise control, hill assist&ESP, alarm-first (expensive) failure so far!
Sorry to hear you were ripped off. That really sucks. I bought the latest Haynes just to see what everyone was laughing at and after opening it it says it does not cover the B9 :brickwall:

There is a link here for a service manual that may or may not be helpful.

Good luck.
2010 Berlingo Multispace HDi 110 with FAP.  Persamos green.

[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to 3rensho for this post:
  • DonoVan
(28-01-2012, 03:58 PM)3rensho Wrote:  Sorry to hear you were ripped off. That really sucks. I bought the latest Haynes just to see what everyone was laughing at and after opening it it says it does not cover the B9 :brickwall:

There is a link here for a service manual that may or may not be helpful.

Good luck.

Thanks 3rensho;

I cant open the zip as is only downloading partially, I'll try again later.

Anyway, just played with the lock and gotit back on. Looks like nothing's missing and it worked for first few tries then it start getting funny: when shut close it triggers the central looking and all doors get locked, than I need to use the remote to open. I have a feeling that the cylinder needs the key in and turned left or right before pushed all the way in. It got dark so I'll fiddle more prob monday.

I just know now that I need to replace the internal part of the handle that holds the cylinder witch is cracked and maybe the external bit but not the lock itself. All else looks fine.

Anyone had any experiences with this or knows places I could buy the handle?

Manny thanks!
Electric heated-folding mirrors, air-con, cruise control, hill assist&ESP, alarm-first (expensive) failure so far!
Could try Ebay for the lock
Just a quick update: managed to get the part from my dealer for £30, prob it would be cheaper on ebay but I need it fast, and fit it yesterday.
It only took 20 min and is like new. What is shocking is the whole handle asembly internal, external and cylinder is hold in place by 1, yes ONE screw!Sad I would expect more for a sac of money?!
No wonder it takes only 5 sec for the pr/'ks to get in and BTW it doesnt even trigger the alarm! Well done Citroen!!
Anyway I've got it fixed for £30 not 781 as the citroen dealer wanted although I still have a little dent -1cm sq- under the handle where the screwdriver went in, but I'm not woried as it'll be covered by the armaplates will have fitted soon.
Hope I'll get these fitted before some other guy put his eyes on my easy ''get in'' Blingo!