Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recomend new battery for m59 1.9 D please.
Hi all.

Am looking for cheapish mid range van battery. Looked on eBay, quite a few under and around 50 quid.

What about this one?

.096L ADVANCED Car Battery 12V 72AH 680A - 4 YEAR WARRANTY - CITREON

eBay battery search.

Van doesn't do many miles, only light use so appreciate will prob need a charge every month when the cold kicks in..

Any advice appreciated  ty..
Buy the best you can afford & charge it regularly all year.My Berlingo is 8 yrs old on original,healthy,battery.I do 6,000 pa & charge monthly in summer & fortnightly in winter.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
As Ron says buy the best you can afford you want high amps and the higher cold cranking amps ( CCA ) the better. The one you linked to seems ok with 4 year warranty but bear in mind if it goes faulty and you have to return it. Have you got a local factors close to you they have good deals usually on batteries.
Are we there yet????? Huh
Ex 1.6hdi van now 3 seater 1.4 multispace
Do you have a GSF outlet close to you - good batteries at fair prices.
(11-11-2015, 10:11 PM)DEEKY Wrote:  Hi all.

Am looking for cheapish mid range van battery. Looked on eBay, quite a few under and around 50 quid.

What about this one?

.096L ADVANCED Car Battery 12V 72AH 680A - 4 YEAR WARRANTY - CITREON

eBay battery search.

Van doesn't do many miles, only light use so appreciate will prob need a charge every month when the cold kicks in..

Any advice appreciated  ty..
That looks like a really good buy.They do free replacement and collection on the warranty too.Id go for it if i was you.Ive got a maintenance free heavy duty in my car,its been in there for over 6 years and i havnt needed to do anything other than to have a check on the green charge indicator,its always been good,ive never even put it on charge, and i only do around 6 - 7 k a year,most of which is local.I call it fit and forget.
Guys.
And will it possible to buy in UK original battery by PSA - Tudor.
It's not an advertisment because my original Tudor served me during 6 years.
For our climat it's very good.
It was many cold starts at a temperature lower that -33 Celsius degrees with high humidity
and was very hot summers. I never ever charged original battery.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to pk7478 for this post:
  • ron
(12-11-2015, 08:54 AM)polar Wrote:  Do you have a GSF outlet close to you - good batteries at fair prices.

There's only one factors that sells veh batteries. He quoted 68 quid and couldn't even tell me the Ah or CCA of it as not in
stock. Just said it would be the right one for my van. Not good enough service so I declined it.

Does anyone know if it's a good idea to insulate battery's? I sit mine on a piece of cardboard but thinking about wrapping bubble wrap around it for winter. Just don't want it overheating on an occasional long journey. Confused
(12-11-2015, 07:15 PM)DEEKY Wrote:  
(12-11-2015, 08:54 AM)polar Wrote:  Do you have a GSF outlet close to you - good batteries at fair prices.

There's only one factors that sells veh batteries. He quoted 68 quid and couldn't even tell me the Ah or CCA of it as not in
stock. Just said it would be the right one for my van. Not good enough service so I declined it.

Does anyone know if it's a good idea to insulate battery's? I sit mine on a piece of cardboard but thinking about wrapping bubble wrap around it for winter. Just don't want it overheating on an occasional long journey. Confused
The battery is designed to not be covered & I would not do it.
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
My 56plate Berlingo still has the original  Tudor battery fitted and is still going strong. Never been charged other than by the alternator, never let me down despite lots of very early morning cold starts when getting me to my work as a snowplow driver in winter. Van has only done a genuine 29000 miles since I bought it brand new.
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to tanto for this post:
  • pk7478