Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommend some door and dash speakers.
Hi all.
I own a 2005 Berlingo van and recently bought some Pioneer TS-G1733i 3 way speakers and there absolutely rubbish. I would like to buy some better component speakers and have seen the wires under the dashboard but with no speakers inside. I know how to fit them but don't know if I need to wire them up differently with the Pioneer Stereo so the dash speakers actually work.
Please can anyone help and what speakers would you recommend? Maximum budget is about £40.
Thank you.
Currently in the same process dude. For starters the the cables in the false dash speaker covers are somewhere linked with the dash speakers, god knows where as I've dug around everywhere. If you pull the cover above the instrument binnacle towards you it comes off quite easily, then there's a little hex key at the top centre of the binnacle, unscrew this and slowly pull the binnacle up and out, but do not let the cable to it unplug itself. You can now access, or at least get a route to re wire the dash speaker on the right. The one on the left is a little more tricky, get under the glove box, pull the carpet back removing the push fitting, you can then re route by using the original cable as a draw wire from the top left dash speaker. The issue is that you need to route a crossover in, as the speakers will be getting the same frequencies without it, thus the tweeters that you'll get to fit into the cutouts will be getting the same as your door speakers, ergo sounding pants as they cannot take the low frequencies well at all.

I have put a set of FLI door speakers and tweeters ( £39.99 from Halfords ). I spliced them into the ISO behind the head unit ( after market Sony jobby ), then routed the crossover in and rewired the dash speakers as above. This as made a great difference, however I still find them a little short on the bass. So have picked up a set of Phoenix Gold 5 x 7 two way ( low and high range ) speakers, a mate has built some boxes for them last night and I'm installing those behind my seats this afternoon. These are a high quality speaker which can take a lot of bass, the majority of the bass will be routed to those via the fader/equalizer. Hopefully this will give me a nice all round sound. If that is still not enough I can install a nice sub woofer under the passenger seat.
ive got the next model down and there really good

[Image: 7841c81f2457453ae78a2e0e4ad18e97.jpg]

in a custom radio fed from a sony headunit
(05-08-2015, 06:34 AM)Mikey Hedison Wrote:  Currently in the same process dude. For starters the the cables in the false dash speaker covers are somewhere linked with the dash speakers, god knows where as I've dug around everywhere. If you pull the cover above the instrument binnacle towards you it comes off quite easily, then there's a little hex key at the top centre of the binnacle, unscrew this and slowly pull the binnacle up and out, but do not let the cable to it unplug itself. You can now access, or at least get a route to re wire the dash speaker on the right. The one on the left is a little more tricky, get under the glove box, pull the carpet back removing the push fitting, you can then re route by using the original cable as a draw wire from the top left dash speaker. The issue is that you need to route a crossover in, as the speakers will be getting the same frequencies without it, thus the tweeters that you'll get to fit into the cutouts will be getting the same as your door speakers, ergo sounding pants as they cannot take the low frequencies well at all.

I have put a set of FLI door speakers and tweeters ( £39.99 from Halfords ). I spliced them into the ISO behind the head unit ( after market Sony jobby ), then routed the crossover in and rewired the dash speakers as above. This as made a great difference, however I still find them a little short on the bass. So have picked up a set of Phoenix Gold 5 x 7 two way ( low and high range ) speakers, a mate has built some boxes for them last night and I'm installing those behind my seats this afternoon. These are a high quality speaker which can take a lot of bass, the majority of the bass will be routed to those via the fader/equalizer. Hopefully this will give me a nice all round sound. If that is still not enough I can install a nice sub woofer under the passenger seat.
Im not allowed to have the radio on,er - indoors likes the sound of her own voice too much !! Undecided
(17-08-2015, 07:17 AM)shanky887614 Wrote:  ive got the next model down and there really good

[Image: 7841c81f2457453ae78a2e0e4ad18e97.jpg]

in a custom radio fed from a sony headunit
[Image: 150cdf408f55d726d0393d945191b92a.jpg]
hi all, can anyone help, ive got an old 56reg berlingo and ive got some new door speakers, but want to wire them in with the original cable , im going to have to cut the existing conectors off, and fit spade conectors, which cable gets the smaller spade and which gets the bigger one, they are yellow and white cables, many thanks