Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Recommend tyre for Mk2 MSpace
Hi all. Need a couple of tyres for my Mk2 Multispace 2.0 HDi. I'm sure it has come up on here before, but always interested to hear current thoughts/recommendations.

Toyed with getting winter tyres, but this winter has been too mild (so far) to worry. So looking for reasonably priced (70 - 80 quid fitted ?)all season tyre with good wet performance. I normally go for Hankook, as my local fitters recommend them. However the tread only runs around not across the tyre. So they have little grip on wet muddy tracks. Not talking about off road use, just a wet field used for parking etc.
http://www.blackcircles.com/

Try them Big Grin
I find tyres a personal choice.
I DO MISS MY BERLINGO Heart
Falken 452 or 453
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

You've opened a big can of worms with that request.As said,tyres are a personal choice.I have stuck with Michelin Energy & am happy with them.Someone will be bound to say they're lethal or something.Keep your eyes on this thread,it should prove to be interesting.:thumbsup::whistle:
Strawberry flavoured windows  Dodgy
(08-02-2014, 09:03 PM)ron Wrote:  You've opened a big can of worms with that request.As said,tyres are a personal choice.I have stuck with Michelin Energy & am happy with them.Someone will be bound to say they're lethal or something.Keep your eyes on this thread,it should prove to be interesting.:thumbsup::whistle:
Id rather cut my throat than drive with them.:lol:
I found Michelin also good and Vredestien.

Look at it this way, the rubber is the only contact you have with the road and you want your car to stick to it. I found with Budget tyres in the wet they are hopeless in the dry their OK. Michelin, Vredestein and Continental all good in the wet, but then again should we drive fast around bends and corners?
What didn't you like about them? I drive briskly but within limits & find grip & wear acceptable.MPG is also good.I am open to alternatives if they are well recommended.Confusedalut:Confusedalut:
The Falken are good in the wet and a fair price
                                     Smile  It's too orangey for crow's It's just for me and my dog  Smile

Heart Heart Love a lot trust a few  Dodgy

Come on folks,join in but no fisticuffs.:thumbsup::whistle:
(08-02-2014, 09:14 PM)ron Wrote:  What didn't you like about them? I drive briskly but within limits & find grip & wear acceptable.MPG is also good.I am open to alternatives if they are well recommended.Confusedalut:Confusedalut:
For my personal choice when i buy tyres its for GRIP! its the most important when selecting tyres. I find wear in all tyres the same whether i buy budget or premium they all last the same amount of miles. It used to be Michelin for wear and Pirrelli for grip years ago but that's all changed now. If you wanted budget it used to be remoulds they were terrible for grip and wear and dangerous, the tread would came off the sidewall of the tyre. I worked in Kwik-s**t many years ago, we used to sell quite a few remoulds to Taxi drivers and van drivers and believe it or not people with fast cars like Jaguars XR3i XR2 and Fiat 131.

(08-02-2014, 09:14 PM)ron Wrote:  What didn't you like about them? I drive briskly but within limits & find grip & wear acceptable.MPG is also good.I am open to alternatives if they are well recommended.Confusedalut:Confusedalut:
For my personal choice when i buy tyres its for GRIP! its the most important when selecting tyres. I find wear in all tyres the same whether i buy budget or premium they all last the same amount of miles. It used to be Michelin for wear and Pirrelli for grip years ago but that's all changed now. If you wanted budget it used to be remoulds they were terrible for grip and wear and dangerous, the tread would came off the sidewall of the tyre. I worked in Kwik-s**t many years ago, we used to sell quite a few remoulds to Taxi drivers and van drivers and believe it or not people with fast cars like Jaguars XR3i XR2 and Fiat 131.
Phillip,I think our wires are crossed.I have Michelin Energy.I have never bought budget tyres as experience buying S.H cars with them some times exercised my sphincter uncomfortably.Confusedalut::whistle::whistle:
PS,I think Modmytop should be banned for starting this thread.LOL

(08-02-2014, 09:08 PM)philip Wrote:  
(08-02-2014, 09:03 PM)ron Wrote:  You've opened a big can of worms with that request.As said,tyres are a personal choice.I have stuck with Michelin Energy & am happy with them.Someone will be bound to say they're lethal or something.Keep your eyes on this thread,it should prove to be interesting.:thumbsup::whistle:
Id rather cut my throat than drive with them.:lol:
I found Michelin also good and Vredestien.

Look at it this way, the rubber is the only contact you have with the road and you want your car to stick to it. I found with Budget tyres in the wet they are hopeless in the dry their OK. Michelin, Vredestein and Continental all good in the wet, but then again should we drive fast around bends and corners?

We definitely should be selective around which corners we fly.On an open empty road I enjoy a bit of a towse but going past a school at 3.15 is a no no.Confusedalut:
[-] The following 1 user says Thank You to ron for this post:
  • philip