Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ECU fault
Hi i bought a new sensor about a month , all I want to know is how to test at the three pin plug for the correct voltages and which cables are doing what with the red,green & black which one should be 12v 0v & the signal as obviously my van is still playing up as

Many thanks
(04-08-2014, 07:03 PM)Quiggy39 Wrote:  Hi i bought a new sensor about a month , all I want to know is how to test at the three pin plug for the correct voltages and which cables are doing what with the red,green & black which one should be 12v 0v & the signal as obviously my van is still playing up as

Many thanks

Quiggy39 and others I don't know if this problem is sorted yet or not, but I thought I'd contribute something I found while trying to diagnose my problem.  A certain master tech wrote that the ECU software needs to be updated at the dealer.  Apparently this engine has a known problem with the ECU related to the advance solenoid.  Hope it helps someone, if so, you're welcome. 

Berlingo 1.9D:

Berlingo woes! Please help! - brayer
hi there
i work as a master technician in a peugeot dealer ,as you know this is the same vehicle as a peugeot partner,this is a know problem with this engine all you need to do is ask your citroen dealer to download new software in to the engine ecu ,the fault is caused by the advance solenoid in the injector pump locking up,when turning off ignition this resets it.and the fault goes away for a while.i'm surprised they haven't done this yet but i see no mention of it in your message.also be very careful of the oil level in this engine as being slightly overfilled will cause rattling and smokeing problems.hope this is some help
regards 
paul bray

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/?t=30322
[Image: 177657.png]   2004 1.9D DW8 WJY with black spray paint on wheels instead of flimsy plastic wheel covers.