Thread Rating:
  • 42 Vote(s) - 3.05 Average
The Berlingo camping thread
I looked at the pictures of the Renault Kangoo conversion. Too many boxes for me. He had adapted one of the plastic boxes to take a stove with an additional wind/splatter screen. Any one seen information/photos with more detail so I could make one;or plans to make one out of plywood.
(25-07-2014, 11:00 AM)pushrod Wrote:  Used to have a ducato to camp in - plenty of space, good headroom. Now 'downsized' to lingo van. I've put a 'picnic' seat in passenger side so I have room for a motorbike and/or fishing bedchair ( about £70, but folds up smallish ). Have a drive-away about 10 feet square which is really too big and difficult to put up single-handed. Anyone recommend a rear tent/awning which will go over roof?

Once I've done my boot jump copy I'm gonna use a 3MX3M pop up gazebo with a tailgate sized hole cut into one of the sides. Simple and cheap. Wink
You can pick up the Amdro boot jump second hand and they are advertised on this site from time to time. You have to be quick though as they sell like the proverbial hot cakes. We got ours second hand last year from a member on here for not much more than half the current price. It was a real bargain as it had been hardly used. We've found the Amdro to be well thought out, really well made and very comfortable.

We looked at various tailgate awnings and were very tempted by a Packa Shack as it is a very good piece of kit. In the end we bought a standalone "annexe tent" - single skin but with a sewn-in groundsheet. It is made by Easy Tent and provides space to store kit and get changed in. Hardly takes up any space and is easy to put up. Again this was a bargain and we purchased it new for £109 from Amazon.

I've posted a picture from our first trip to Seahouses in Northumbria last year.

[Image: 10421419_1641781349379552_86924251721161...e=55E9BDB5]
I'm about to order foam for my camper, I think 3" will be too tall and reduce head room too much. Does anyone know if the Amdro uses 2" or would that be too little?
I bought a "camping gaz compact double airbed" and a pump when i made my camper unit . It bolws up in a minute and a half, is super comfortable and the pump in reverse deflates it in under a minute.
When I worked on the council a bloke I knew used to get a mattress, pee stained or otherwise, from out of the skips at holiday times and his wife and himself used to doss down on this in his transit van for holidays.... same bloke was seen by myself carrying a wedding dress from the skips, I thought he must be using the material for curtains but no, his daughter was getting married and he wanted the dress for her !!!! Could write a book.....
Berlingo Multispace 2.0HDI '54 reg Mediterranean Blue
Hey all!
Look, I know it's an expensive conversion but... it's fabulous!! 
Fold into the boot, so you can still use with rear seats in the car too. You just fold them down to convert.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hi, Can anyone recommend a tailgate driveaway awning to go on the back of a Mark 2 Berlingo. I've had a look round and the Khyam range looks pretty good, just wondered if anyone can recommend or suggest another.

Cheers
Vaude drive van. Not cheap, but very good quality and packs very small.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk